New flyer/buyer - P3 standard firmware still an issue ?

Reaction score
Hey guys - I see a great price on p3s refurb at the DJI store online. I've flown crappy toy drones for about a year (indoors and outdoors) so I'm ready to take the plunge -

but I've been reading nothing but hell on the new 1.6 firmware and "no signal" issues - is that still a thing ? Or has it been resolved ?

I've been reading nothing but hell on the new 1.6 firmware and "no signal" issues - is that still a thing

Hey JuniorNA - welcome to the forum - you picked the right spot for getting answers - tons of info here. I personally don't have the P3s but pretty sure you will find your answer at this site DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

The guy who owns the site is a member here "msinger" and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the Phantoms - worth a shot.

EDIT: initially the wrong link - the one posted above now is the correct one and will take you to his P3s help.

Hey JuniorNA - welcome to the forum - you picked the right spot for getting answers - tons of info here. I personally don't have the P3s but pretty sure you will find your answer at this site DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

The guy who owns the site is a member here "msinger" and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the Phantoms - worth a shot.

EDIT: initially the wrong link - the one posted above now is the correct one and will take you to his P3s help.

Thank you very much !!! I will reach out to him and see what he says !!
Thanks for the link also !

Thank you very much !!!

FYI also - even if you have issues with that version, you can always downgrade to the previous version that had no issues - here is a good video on how to do it

Reactions: Samuel Quinn
FYI also - even if you have issues with that version, you can always downgrade to the previous version that had no issues - here is a good video on how to do it

Thanks !! I've been researching like crazy and the video you posted seems to be for advanced and prof - not standard - but there is a way to preload the FW on the sd card and do a manual rollback

My worry is a few people seem to think the firmware did some hardware damage or maybe it made some perminant hardware modification - and think going back to 1.5.7 will still carry over the issue .

The refurb will probably come with 1.6 but you never know - was hoping it would come with 1.5.7 but no way to tell and DJi support isn't much help

I have both of the Standard and the Advanced .I had to send the Standard back offer a 1.6 FW upgrade reduced the range to 10m Downgrading didn't change any thing .It came back with 1.2.4FW ??? It works now so I will leave it for the time being .
The Advance is a better machine by far it came with older FW so I'm leaving it alone as well
If you can stretch the budget to by an Advanced thats what I would do .I get 530m range with the P3 S with a DBS booster on a good day 1.5 km with the P3A all the time and I haven't pushed it right out yet .
The biggest thing is the signal is solid and doesn't keep dropping out all the time on the P3A
Just my thoughts

Mine must have been older stock since it came with v1.5 which was a bad version apparently so I upgraded to 1.6 or 1.7 can't remember I'll have to have a look again .I might upgrade further but it's all working at the moment so I will get a few more hours in before I do I was worried about moving off the FW it came with but had heard such bad things about it 1.5 After all the trouble I had with the Standard Indidnt want to go to the latest FW
It's all a bit of a lottery

Hey junior welcome to the threads. I purchased a p3s a couple of weeks ago and have had absolutly zero issues. I've flown it using 3 different devices trying to get a feel for which I like the most lol bird is 1.6 devices all use dji go 3.0.something thinks it's 2 off the top of my head. But firmware is definitely the 1.6 version and I have had no issues with it the controller battery or any of the devices. Hope this helps and is informative. Fly safe :)

I've kept my P3S on the latest firmware and never had a problem with it, and have gotten over a mile flight distance with no mods. Very happy with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost