New P4PV2 Firmware

Reaction score
I normally don't like to upgrade DJI GO 4 Apps nor Aircraft Firmware but I did wind up with DJI GO 4 App Version 4.3.14 and Firmware 01.00.1500 which seemed to work fine however today just before getting to the camera screen a notice popped up stating that a resource file was being installed. Not knowing what was happening or knowing what would be affected if I shut everything off nor having been notified what the file was I let it continue. I switched my tablet momentarily to confirm that auto upgrades in my Android Play Store was still turned off so I figured that I was partially safe. As soon as I could (seconds) I entered the Camera Screen and found out that my Firmware was upgraded to 01.00.2200. I was never given a chance to decline the change. I figured that I should try it out and the little bit that I could test it I found no problems yet. Is this a new DJI way of ramming updates without identifying what was loading. I found some new features that I've never seen before. I'm presently at my Northern CA house down at Sea Level in the SF East bay Area close to airports and heliports so I couldn't do any real testing. I normally do my flight testing at my Mountain Home located up at 8,000' in the Rocky Mountains where I have nothing to to impede my flying my P3P, P4, P4PV2,
MP, or I1V2. Has anyone flown this GO 4 App, Ver 4.3.14 with the Firmware 01.00.2200?

I normally don't like to upgrade DJI GO 4 Apps nor Aircraft Firmware but I did wind up with DJI GO 4 App Version 4.3.14 and Firmware 01.00.1500 which seemed to work fine however today just before getting to the camera screen a notice popped up stating that a resource file was being installed. Not knowing what was happening or knowing what would be affected if I shut everything off nor having been notified what the file was I let it continue. I switched my tablet momentarily to confirm that auto upgrades in my Android Play Store was still turned off so I figured that I was partially safe. As soon as I could (seconds) I entered the Camera Screen and found out that my Firmware was upgraded to 01.00.2200. I was never given a chance to decline the change. I figured that I should try it out and the little bit that I could test it I found no problems yet. Is this a new DJI way of ramming updates without identifying what was loading. I found some new features that I've never seen before. I'm presently at my Northern CA house down at Sea Level in the SF East bay Area close to airports and heliports so I couldn't do any real testing. I normally do my flight testing at my Mountain Home located up at 8,000' in the Rocky Mountains where I have nothing to to impede my flying my P3P, P4, P4PV2,
MP, or I1V2. Has anyone flown this GO 4 App, Ver 4.3.14 with the Firmware 01.00.2200?

I just finished flying with the update. No issues.

Thanks, it's good to know!

I'm to lazy to take out my v2 out. Is this a new firmware update that was released recently?

I’m curious as to why you guys wouldn’t trust updates from the manufacturer? I don’t hesitate to update my iPhone... should I be concerned updating my P4P+ version 1?

Not trying to flame, am asking sincerely and I have no affiliation with DJI just a consumer.

Thanks

I’m curious as to why you guys wouldn’t trust updates from the manufacturer? I don’t hesitate to update my iPhone... should I be concerned updating my P4P+ version 1?

Not trying to flame, am asking sincerely and I have no affiliation with DJI just a consumer.

Thanks
Simple. Firmwares are done by humans, therefore contain errors. In addition, even when all machines are constructed equally, they behave differently. Some like the firmware and others break down. This is also true for iPhones. Specially with iOS 11.

Again, not trying to flame but upgrades also fix issues with previous versions. And I’m running iOS 12.2. Yes updates are made by humans but so are drones, unless I’m missing something.

I usually wait a little before installing updates to see if a quick fix needs to address something... but otherwise I update. JMO.

Again, not trying to flame but upgrades also fix issues with previous versions. And I’m running iOS 12.2. Yes updates are made by humans but so are drones, unless I’m missing something.

I usually wait a little before installing updates to see if a quick fix needs to address something... but otherwise I update. JMO.
I like the bug fixing process, so I usually do betas.

I’m in some emails with DJI support with other crap right now. They said in an email once it’s upgraded it can’t be down graded, they took the option to downgrade off of DJI assistant 2 program.
For what it’s worth....

I’m in some emails with DJI support with other crap right now. They said in an email once it’s upgraded it can’t be down graded, they took the option to downgrade off of DJI assistant 2 program.
For what it’s worth....
Also I haven’t had any problems with new upgrades

I've been burned in the past! A few years ago I wanted to film a gathering of friends at the base of a 2,500' Vertical Cliff located up at 9,500' ASL. After hiking in my Phantom 4 wouldn't start without signing in even though the it was not required the day before. I had originally signed in and never had this problem before! I was many miles from any Internet Tower and couldn't sign in so I had to hike back out to my truck and grab my Inspire 1v2.0 which had an outdated DJI GO App but which worked fine! Many years ago it wouldn't be an issue but at that time I was in my mid 70s and it was a hot day up at approximately 9,500' ASL in the Rocky Mountains so I was not happy! Needless to say I don't trust Apps that have not been out for a while especially when DJI starts downloading an unidentified program without notice!

Thanks

I’m content with the DJI apps and firmwares which I currently run so have not updated in a while.
My Apple iPhone usually gets updated when alerted to the availability of such. This has normally worked fine up to iOS 12.1. However, since the update to 12.2 I have had more auto turn off - on restarts/ crash outs than I have ever had. All for the sake of Apple’s now legendary bloatware. Eg, 100’s of new animes and such essential dross. Now consigned to manual update only.

01.00.22.00. If that was what you just downloaded it’s been around for a while.
Has been available since 10/24/18.

Not really new.

I have given up on anything really “new” for the Vr 2. Yawing in hover and in inconsistencies with stability during pans and inability to fly in a straight line are just part of it I guess.

Paul C

8C9B7726-9178-4A61-9E41-18D1AB08CFA3.png

Paul, that is the Firmware that was loaded and appears to fly fine but I just ordered the DJI Goggles and if I'm forced to update every time that I turn on the Goggles I'm sending them back!!

01.00.22.00. If that was what you just downloaded it’s been around for a while.
Has been available since 10/24/18.

Not really new.

I have given up on anything really “new” for the Vr 2. Yawing in hover and in inconsistencies with stability during pans and inability to fly in a straight line are just part of it I guess.

Paul C

View attachment 111083
I flew on Sunday and it asked me for a new firmware update. I havent done it yet, but will soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj