New firmware

I just seem to be stuck in the middle somewhere drone won't connect to wifi.I am going to try again today

Just got it loading now problem was not enough room on sd card just formatted card and loading ok now. Not very good at these things but got there in the end

I always remove my card after flight and move the video files to an Edit folder on my PC. That way my card is always near empty. I also use a 32Gb .... the 8Gb one supplied didn't last long before it gave up the ghost ...

I have 3 batterys and if I record videos each flight ... that's 3.5Gb x 3 and the old 8Gb is just not capable.

Nigel

Hi I have a 32gb card in the drone and have put the video on my iPad but not formatted the card,only one flight so thought there would be plenty of room for update but I was wrong lol
Mike

Hi I have a 32gb card in the drone and have put the video on my iPad but not formatted the card,only one flight so thought there would be plenty of room for update but I was wrong lol
Mike

???????? 32GB ? One flight ?

The FW update is about 103Mb .....

What else is on your card ??

I rarely format my card as I do not let it build up files.

Nigel

That's all that was on the card maybe needs to be empty for update not sure.What ever it was formatting the card did the trick
Mike

Yes the card needs to be empty for updates and even if firmware update fails,if you reformat sd card and restart the drone and let it do its thing (might take a while..beeping etc) it will eventually update.

The card does not need to be empty, it does not need formatting unless it has a fault - which I suspect was problem here. A 32gb card should not be full after one flight. I bet now he will be able to record more than one flight - after formatting and probably recovering sectors lost .....

The only requirement is that card should have enough free space to take the FW bin file.

When updating - the card is given the FW bin file and then it starts the update process. The file can come from the Go download or via PC download. If the update fails - then on restart the system is supposed to compare Card bin file to what is on model. If not matched - it starts update again.

If you empty the card - and there is no confirmation of update- it will start process of download to card again ffrom the download made via Go. If you are lucky !

Reason I modified the card procedure to my way was because of failures in past with the 'reccd method' ....

Nigel

Something I notice with new FW is that when I reach my set height, the rear LEDs change patterns to a red with flashing yellow. Never noticed this before? When I drop down it goes back to a flashing yellow. What is this change for?

I hadn't noticed that, I'll look tonight, bet its a visual warning that you're reaching a limit

Page 11 for the status LED indicators under rear arms...

Red / Yellow alternating in flight indicates Compass warning.
Red alternating with varied other colour patterns indicates IMU error.

Its funny actually as quite often when I take off from my house area halfway down to the river - my rear LED's are not green .. usually RED indicating critical error by the manual - but once she clears out about 20 - 30m ... all goes green and she's fine.

Nigel

Page 11 for the status LED indicators under rear arms...

Red / Yellow alternating in flight indicates Compass warning.
Red alternating with varied other colour patterns indicates IMU error.

Its funny actually as quite often when I take off from my house area halfway down to the river - my rear LED's are not green .. usually RED indicating critical error by the manual - but once she clears out about 20 - 30m ... all goes green and she's fine.

Nigel

Humm...I'll do a calibration and see if it corrects the issue. Didn't see any warning on the screen while flying.

First thing I did BEFORE flying and I advise anyone else reading ...

If I do a FW or significant change to model gear - I do full calibration schedule.

Indoors I do the gimbal because that is not bothered about being indoors.
I do the RC sticks as that also is not bothered about indoors.

But IMU and Compass - I do outside well away from any interference / anomalies. I have a spot in my grounds that I know from previous has proven good for this. I go there.
I first check that all is level ... then do IMU followed by Compass.

Yes - Compass is included in IMU if you look at the screen while its completing - but I consider this is more Compass integration to IMU calibration. I like to know for sure that Compass itself is fine by doing the 'dance' !!

Once those are all done - I basically never touch those calibrations again till next FW or I move significant distance to a new flight location - and that distance is 00's of miles before I consider necessary to calibrate compass. I certainly do not calibrate compass every flight or just because I am at a different location down the road !!

Nigel

Sorry if this had been asked before, but can the Magic Power still be applied with this new firmware?

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and have only had my Phantom 3 standard for about a month. I have a couple of interesting points to share. Most of you may know but here you are anyway. My P3s was running perfectly out of the box, it was awesome. That is until I got messages to do a firmware update 3 weeks after I got the P3. The reluctant update to V1.08.0100 wasn't straight forward but with a bit of research and about 4 hours I had it sorted. 3 days later another upgrade notice to V1.09.0200 and the nightmare begins. Update Failure after Failure after Failure. I Tried combinations of my Tablet, Smartphone and even 3 SD Cards also direct download of the bin file. Many install failures and also reports of Barometer errors. The interesting bits then, It looks like V1.09.0200 is not downgradeable the bin file is twice the size of previous versions and I think it is updating features not previously accessed in earlier versions. If you download the *.bin file yourself and do the update, delete it of the sd card after the update or the system continually thinks you have a new update to do. I accidentaly put an SD card back into my Samsung phone with the bin file on it, the phone thought I was trying to install another operating system. Fortunately the phone reported an error message and I realised my my mistake. Any way I kept installing until it worked. Thanks to DJI for two days of free entertainment

There is no need to delete the bin file from SD card. In fact its good to leave it - then any new battery you use will automatically be updated without you even knowing. Saves downloading FW again.
If it keeps trying to install later - then there is something wrong with the update ... maybe battery or controller was not updated in first try ...

Nigel

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and have only had my Phantom 3 standard for about a month. I have a couple of interesting points to share. Most of you may know but here you are anyway. My P3s was running perfectly out of the box, it was awesome. That is until I got messages to do a firmware update 3 weeks after I got the P3. The reluctant update to V1.08.0100 wasn't straight forward but with a bit of research and about 4 hours I had it sorted. 3 days later another upgrade notice to V1.09.0200 and the nightmare begins. Update Failure after Failure after Failure. I Tried combinations of my Tablet, Smartphone and even 3 SD Cards also direct download of the bin file. Many install failures and also reports of Barometer errors. The interesting bits then, It looks like V1.09.0200 is not downgradeable the bin file is twice the size of previous versions and I think it is updating features not previously accessed in earlier versions. If you download the *.bin file yourself and do the update, delete it of the sd card after the update or the system continually thinks you have a new update to do. I accidentaly put an SD card back into my Samsung phone with the bin file on it, the phone thought I was trying to install another operating system. Fortunately the phone reported an error message and I realised my my mistake. Any way I kept installing until it worked. Thanks to DJI for two days of free entertainment
No problem to update to 1.9.2 and then downgrade to 1.7.9
b3b8290de3e9866f527bd03a33a7587b.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor