New Firmware V01.04.0602

If it works, sure you can use it! For me the new firmware was awfull so I don't want to use it at all, that is why I am using the older firmware for the controller.
agreed ... the latest release messed up so much stuff that it is too unreliable to even use.

I don't think that is any different from before, i.e. you cannot fly at all in a red NFZ and you can fly in a yellow zone by authorizing online to enable for a 24-hour period. Disabling the geo warning system only disables the warnings, it never disabled red and yellow NFZs. The firmware update allows DJI to update NFZs more easily but it does not change the current zones or current policy.

It is different from before, Yellow NFZ are not optional for online authorization anymore.

I don't think that is any different from before, i.e. you cannot fly at all in a red NFZ and you can fly in a yellow zone by authorizing online to enable for a 24-hour period. Disabling the geo warning system only disables the warnings, it never disabled red and yellow NFZs. The firmware update allows DJI to update NFZs more easily but it does not change the current zones or current policy.
i thought you just had to call the airport or helipad. what do you mean you have to get an authorization? Has something changed? I usually fly in a green area out of the no fly zone.

Well, one positive aspect of this firmware update... the camera doesn't move between frames when shooting AEB--like it used to when mechanical shutter was enabled--even when sitting perfectly still on a table (not flying)... so there's that improvement. However, the camera still twitches between individual shots; though not nearly as badly as it used to. Mechanical shutter and gimble lock options seem to have no effect on the twitch like they used to.

Flew for the first time after updating. 4 batteries. No issues. Actually want to point out a few improvements. My gimbal is now pointed straight, so now it flies "straight", During the update process my gimbal went on crack mode, so maybe that helped it.
My signal is also alot better, with a clearer video feed, and I was able to fly farther then I ever have. I'm happy ;)

Reactions: setandforget
I just scanned through the thread and it seems this firmware update generated the following problems?
1. Weak RC signal, easy to get disconnected with the AC.
2. Camera calibrating issue.
3. Laggy live video feed
4. Smart RTH problems?

I flew my bird for the first time (after firmware upgrade) on last Sunday and did not notice problem #1, #3 and #4. Am I lucky or does it only happen to old birds? I'm a newbie and don't know if I should roll back to the previous version. Anyone can suggest how I can see those problems? Thanks.

I am going to calibrate the camera to see if it can pass 50%...

I just scanned through the thread and it seems this firmware update generated the following problems?
3. Laggy live video feed
4. Smart RTH problems?

I flew my bird for the first time (after firmware upgrade) on last Sunday and did not notice problem #1, #3 and #4. Am I lucky or does it only happen to old birds? I'm a newbie and don't know if I should roll back to the previous version. Anyone can suggest how I can see those problems? Thanks.

I have better signal after update. Clear lag free video feed

After a couple of 20min flights, I must say that new firmware didn't give me any trouble. Video feed seems as before and rc worked fine. I didn't try intelligent flight options anyway. H264 video quality is as it was before. I forgot to set video to h265 option to check it.

Ok..... once again... is the gimbal flip problem still present??? Anyone?? Anyone??

Ok..... once again... is the gimbal flip problem still present??? Anyone?? Anyone??
My understanding is that the gimbal flip is a hardware issue and not a firmware issue. The gimbal stop is hit prematurely, and the camera flips. If it is happening in normal flight with mild turns (usually only left turns) and minimal wind at speeds 30mph and under, I would replace it. I had to replace 6 of them to get one that won't flip! :eek:

I had a brain cramp, and clicked on the dji pro 4 update, oh well. Started doing the firmware (might as well). It connected fine and started the update. During the update my tablet screen went into sleep mode. I nudged it with my finger (to wake it up - to watch the progress) and the whole process stopped. I can't get it to start again... the button that says START TO UPDATE is grayed out. There is a note: Update Log: "You are in compatibility update or lacking update log. I'm not sure if that's standard or if it is a result of the firmware update stopping. I thought of using DJI asstant 2. Installed it, connected my drone to my computer... and nothing happens. It never changes the opening screen. I thought that maybe I could download the firmware file and download it to a usb card... but can't find any place to find it. Any suggestions ????

Attachments

• Update Screen.jpg
    Update Screen.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 360
I had a brain cramp, and clicked on the dji pro 4 update, oh well. Started doing the firmware (might as well). It connected fine and started the update. During the update my tablet screen went into sleep mode. I nudged it with my finger (to wake it up - to watch the progress) and the whole process stopped. I can't get it to start again... the button that says START TO UPDATE is grayed out. There is a note: Update Log: "You are in compatibility update or lacking update log. I'm not sure if that's standard or if it is a result of the firmware update stopping. I thought of using DJI asstant 2. Installed it, connected my drone to my computer... and nothing happens. It never changes the opening screen. I thought that maybe I could download the firmware file and download it to a usb card... but can't find any place to find it. Any suggestions ????
UPDATE: Tried DJI Assistant 2, again.... out of frustration I used my own USB cord..... suddenly it worked.... almost down with the upgrade ! Fingers crossed.....

3. Laggy live video feed
4. Smart RTH problems?

You are right on in your assessment .. I have experienced the same issues !!! My confidence in flying with the crappy-flash they released is very low right now ... I have too much $$$ invested to have it act flukey and not respond properly ... maybe even lose it due to signal issues, etc. ... If I could get a-hold of the previous flash for the P4P+ RC (stand-alone display) unit I would downgrade my drone immediately until this is all resolved with a corrected release. So far I have not secured the file ... any clue where to download it from?

P4P+ is a strange bird, and will always have unique problems. Buy yourself a regular remote for the P4P aircraft, for $319 more, saving yourself from all the aggravation of the P4P+, and you can thank me later! It's a small price to pay for sanity! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4