New Firmware V01.04.0602

RTH will not decend to your RTH setting, if already above it, when RTH is initiated. No need. It ascends to it, if it is below it, to avoid obstacles, per your setting.:cool:
Thanks for the tip mate! Phantom flew above the RTH limit of 30 meters, that's correct!

Thanks for the tip mate! Phantom flew above the RTH limit of 30 meters, that's correct!
Also, within 20m of the Home Point, if RTH is activated, it will Autoland in place, instead of flying back to the Home Point first. It's a "gotcha" to be very aware of, if your Home Point is surrounded by trees or water or people within 20 meters! :eek:

Reactions: GUSPMETAL
Also, within 20m of the Home Point, if RTH is activated, it will Autoland in place, instead of flying back to the Home Point first. It's a "gotcha" to be very aware of, if your Home Point is surrounded by trees or water or people within 20 meters! :eek:
I'll keep this in mind! Thanks for your advices mate! Keep flying...!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hi, would need some advise! I updated the firmare (drone and controller) and it was awful. Got bad range and laggy video. So I downgraded drone to previous version (V01.03.0509). The thing is that I can't downgrade controller to V01.04.00.00 whitch is the FW that I used with AC V01.03.0509. That option dows not exist any more. I can only choose between downgrading controller to 01.03.00.00 or upgrading controller to 01.04.01.00. Both of these "work" with AC V01.03.0509. What do you think would be the better option? Did the V01.03.00.00 have any known bugs? Or is it just to test it out and see how it goes? Please let me know what you think!

The thing is that I can't downgrade controller to V01.04.00.00

Yes I was just coming here with this same question, I have updated to the latest, but seeing so many problems emerging (in all unoffical forums, reports from friends, facebook and DJI support forum) I have decided to roll back as its too expensive to be a test-piggy for DJI, but cant find out how to get V01.04.00.00 for the RC

Yes I was just coming here with this same question, I have updated to the latest, but seeing so many problems emerging (in all unoffical forums, reports from friends, facebook and DJI support forum) I have decided to roll back as its too expensive to be a test-piggy for DJI, but cant find out how to get V01.04.00.00 for the RC

Connect controller to phone, launch DJI GO 4. On the main screen, tap and hold the hamburger menu (top right, three lines) for 10 seconds and release. You’ll get the RC downgrade option

Connect controller to phone, launch DJI GO 4. On the main screen, tap and hold the hamburger menu (top right, three lines) for 10 seconds and release. You’ll get the RC downgrade option

Yes did that, but only get option to downgrade to 01.03.00.00

Just talked to DJI and they said that V01.04.00.00 is no longer avalable for controller. They told me to go with V01.03.00.00. and test it out. They also told me (this is funny) that the new firmware is "really bad"! :)

Just talked to DJI and they said that V01.04.00.00 is no longer avalable for controller. They told me to go with V01.03.00.00. and test it out. They also told me (this is funny) that the new firmware is "really bad"! :)

What is the best aircraft FW to go with RC 1.03?

What would be the disadvantage to keeping the controller at the new firmware if everything works ok after downgrading the drone?

If it works, sure you can use it! For me the new firmware was awfull so I don't want to use it at all, that is why I am using the older firmware for the controller.

I updated today via the DJI Go 4 app and it completed without issues.
Update was in three parts:
Geo data
Aircraft
Transmitter

Following the upgrades I reset a few settings, did a brief liftoff/hover, tested camera controls, and lastly, I pressed the screen option for an intelligent flight mode. All was okay except for a warning when entering the intelligent flight modes that said in part, I was in a restricted area and needed to agree with the terms. See attached. I will need to research what restricted area it is referencing, as I am not aware of any such restriction for my home area.

I have not done much more than a simple liftoff/hover/land, but asap I will put the craft, Go app, and Litchi through a full flight test.

Quoting myself because I wanted those that were following my planned test of the new FW with flights that pertained to Go4 and Litchi.
I have suspended my planned testing and like many, rolled the FW back to a prior version.
Simply stated, I have no faith in the new FW.

Fly safe is always a priority for me and I don't think the new FW is a good choice for this.

Traveler...

So many threads and posts on this subject but if I understand properly, there is no way anymore to work within a yellow or red no fly zone area? even with geo disabled?

So many threads and posts on this subject but if I understand properly, there is no way anymore to work within a yellow or red no fly zone area? even with geo disabled?
I don't think that is any different from before, i.e. you cannot fly at all in a red NFZ and you can fly in a yellow zone by authorizing online to enable for a 24-hour period. Disabling the geo warning system only disables the warnings, it never disabled red and yellow NFZs. The firmware update allows DJI to update NFZs more easily but it does not change the current zones or current policy.

Ahh so it’s not my imagination then. Because i always finding myself needing to pick 5.8ghz everytime
Any idea what the name of the actual file is that reflects the firmware update for the RC unit that was pushed out in May? I am trying to find a copy I can download so I can for the downgrade on my P4P+ RC unit. The firmware downgrade is available for the aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2 app being connected to the aircraft but I have no file to use for downgrading the controller. Frustrated !!!

Hi, i have also done the new firmware update on my P4P, both batteries, firmware RC and latest version of DJI GO 4 app on Android. All seems to be OK (no flight for the moment) but i always have a pop-up when i start DJI Go 4 app tell me that there is an update available. It suggest me to connect the tablet to the aircraft. I do that and nothing ! No update... I check with DJI Assistant and in the about of DJI Go and all is up to date.

Someone have an solution or have the similar issue ?

Below the capture of the About in DJI Go, someone could confirm that all is up to date ?

Thank you :)

102017r2lezezzex33oesn.png

Yes did that, but only get option to downgrade to 01.03.00.00
What about the folks using the new + device ... and not using a phone or iPad as a display ??? That ICON is nowhere to be found on the built-in display screens, to enable you to downgrade :-(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl