New Firmware V01.04.0602

I have P4P+. Since upgrading to new firmware I have noticed that the map display has changed. When minimized I see Chinese characters in lower left hand corner. In full screen I do not see satellite imagery unless I zoom out to approximately 500KM. The home location indicated seems about right. If I zoom in closer tan approximately 50KM I loose all detail. While zoomed out I see what appears to be locations identified in Chinese characters. While booting up I get a very brief error message which quickly disappears ("int map error_Missing Libraries") Offline map download options (Update All, Download All, Paused All) under Map Management do not seem to have any effect (although I hear a click when depressed). Calibrate Map Coordinates(For China Mainland) is off. Any ideas?

Since original posting, while reviewing some YouTube stuff, I see that I should have several geographical locations to choose from under map management. The only choices I have right now all seem to be in Asia. For the record I'm in Tennessee, USA.

Last edited:
I have a 4 Pro + and finally had to revert my controller to factory default load then updated via the downloaded file, linked aircraft and had to go over all previous settings and correct what was not my preferred settings. What a pain !!! It seems to work now but I get "WIFI 2G interference / poor wireless reception" issues with to trying to connect at 2G comm and need to keep resetting it to the 5G setting before each flight.

I have a 4 Pro + and finally had to revert my controller to factory default load then updated via the downloaded file, linked aircraft and had to go over all previous settings and correct what was not my preferred settings. What a pain !!! It seems to work now but I get "WIFI 2G interference / poor wireless reception" issues with to trying to connect at 2G comm and need to keep resetting it to the 5G setting before each flight.
Also ... the controller reset fixed the inability to download local maps that I initially had when following the instructions from DJI.

Thanks for this clarification. Typical DJI, they're as clear as mud explaining things sometimes. Likely a translation problem, but you'd think the US DJI guys would catch this.

There are a number of factors at work here but, yeah, DJI has no concept of customer support and feel no need to provide adequate information about what updates are for or how to do it. There are a couple ways listed in the manual to do a firmware update but this time they modified the process and, once again, felt no need to communicate the process to there customers. It's a good idea to hire people that are native speakers in the various languages around the world. I do hope they fix this dificiency soon!

Brian

I updated the firmware and toke it out today. The video feed was very clitchi and breaking up when I changed video settings. This only happened on the grownd. In the air the video was fine BUT both the video and rc signal got lost at only 1300m away. With the previous firmware I got 2000m and turned around. Still had full signal. Tomorrow I will test again but I think I will downgrade to the previous firmware.

Just got done updating my p4p+.... and I can say that I had absolutely no problems per the instructions. Everything with my aircraft 100%

can't wait for my controller to get here so I can see what I will get into on this go round

Finally got it. I couldn't get the RC updated on my Samsung tablet, but it went when I used my old Note 4 phone...

Updated the P4P and controller through the app no problem. Didn't have to re-link the RC either. After the update the app said I need to recalibrate the vision system with Assisant software.

Put the software on my iMac and when I plug everything in and go to the calibration screen the calibration window stays white. Never loads the black dots.

Any ideas?

Updated the P4P and controller through the app no problem. Didn't have to re-link the RC either. After the update the app said I need to recalibrate the vision system with Assisant software.

Put the software on my iMac and when I plug everything in and go to the calibration screen the calibration window stays white. Never loads the black dots.

Any ideas?
Not sure what's going on with your calibration on the VPS. I had the same exact thing btw. But I have Assistant on a Windows 7 PC. Went through VPS calibrate with no issue at all. And I did not have to relink my bird either btw. I use the app for the update as well. Are you still getting the notice to update the VPS?

Any ideas?
I saw a video about the white screen during calibration. They said there's an issue with high resolution displays and you have to lower the resolution of your monitor for it to work:

There are a number of factors at work here but, yeah, DJI has no concept of customer support and feel no need to provide adequate information about what updates are for or how to do it. There are a couple ways listed in the manual to do a firmware update but this time they modified the process and, once again, felt no need to communicate the process to there customers. It's a good idea to hire people that are native speakers in the various languages around the world. I do hope they fix this dificiency soon!

Brian
Not only do they not give a rats-zzz about their customers but the programmers are some of the worst useless sorry-zzz excuse for someone that is able to spell the word IT!!! If they worked for any US company they would have been fired on day one!!

I had a chance to fly today after having all of the issues yesterday when trying to do the upgrade ... now have all sorts of warnings about 2G radio interference from WIFI, phones and other devices that never had before ... also usually set my comm freq to 5G and it keeps switching to 2G where all of the supposed interference is. Keep getting warnings of poor communications with controller when trying to fly it and it keeps switching back to the 2G frequency ... it is not reliable ... this upgrade has screwed it up ... the previous version was stable with no issues !!!

I have the P4P+ and the update went very well, super easy to do. Updated the remote, then the craft without using any computer, will fly it tomorrow and see if everything works like it used to.

so...after all of this is there anyone else who has an issue with this . To update or not update . I don't use anything other than the Go app.

I updated the firmware and toke it out today. The video feed was very clitchi and breaking up when I changed video settings. This only happened on the grownd. In the air the video was fine BUT both the video and rc signal got lost at only 1300m away. With the previous firmware I got 2000m and turned around. Still had full signal. Tomorrow I will test again but I think I will downgrade to the previous firmware.
I had similar issues and I am considering doing the same thing ... you would think they would thoroughly test the releases before posting them for all of the users.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT