New firmware question

Reaction score
Not another post announcing new FW.

Just a question,

This FW is the one about having to have your quad connected to the app. What I want to know is how does this work out in the field

My tablet doesn't have cell (mobile) data, do I need it to go out and fly.

Do I just do it at home and all will be good

I know about hotspots etc but will I need to

This FW is the one about having to have your quad connected to the app. What I want to know is how does this work out in the field
Yes, you'll still be able to fly unrestricted when your mobile device is not connected to the Internet. Check out this video for more details:

Yes, you'll still be able to fly unrestricted when your mobile device is not connected to the Internet. Check out this video for more details:

Cheers Msinger, will now wait and see if there are any issues with the update.

Not another post announcing new FW.

Just a question,

My tablet doesn't have cell (mobile) data, do I need it to go out and fly.

Do I just do it at home and all will be good

I know about hotspots etc but will I need to
Yes, I turn my ipad mini 4 cellular and wifi off before I fly to decrease interference in video feed. This does prevent live streaming though.
Importantly, I down map for the area on site before i turn them off you might want yup tether to your phone for maps then disconnect.
Hope that helps.

Yes, I turn my ipad mini 4 cellular and wifi off before I fly to decrease interference in video feed. This does prevent live streaming though.
Importantly, I down map for the area on site before i turn them off you might want yup tether to your phone for maps then disconnect.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for answering, although the question about cell (mobile) out in the field was related to the question about the new firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164