New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

I started to experience some horizon tilt prior to the update however during the update process since I was hooked in to the Assistant application, I decided to do the calibration and it did correct it some.

Last edited:
It took me 7 attempts to get the firmware to install. Took it out for a flight yoyo seems less video was good but I never had issues. Flew out maybe 5000 feet and all was good, decided to come in and stop and go to see if RTH would reset and all was good. Started up and got a message critical low voltage and that the craft would now land! Thank God I was on the ground and nor a mile out. Next message aircraft needs update and I hit OK button, did the update and still got the message, turned the battery off and on and same message, then turn off again took it out than reinstalled and turned on and all was good. I did not go hight or far and all is OK. Next battery same message before taking off. The batteries need update. Dji could say battery needs update instead of aircraft needs update. Please make shur your batteries are updated after you update with the new firmware. Can't believe I flew that far with that battery not updated, what would have happened if that critical warning would have come on at a mile out! DJI gave me no warning with my first battery after the upgrade..Be carefull.

I just came back inside from a flight in very high/gusty winds due to an approaching storm. There is a water tower north of me just a hair over a mile away which is always my goal. Due to the high winds, I flew there in Sport mode. I got to being right beside the water tower when I lost controller contact like always. When I regained contact shortly thereafter, I was able to fly around the tower and back. I've made it there once before, but again, I had connection problems which always complicate the flight along with the others I wasn't able to quite make it.

Of course, I want to continue to do the run but in my normal "P" mode so I can see if I did get any actual benefit from the upgraded app and firmware. Still, I made past my goal. One thing I'm very impressed with is the gimbal which, even in very high winds, I'm still getting rock solid video...which doesn't have anything to do with this thread so I'm just sayin'.

Someone else told me that to fix horizon, hold the C2 then roll the pic adjust (right) wheel while holding it, it will level out the horizon or tilt the other way, depending on which direction you soon the wheel... ;-)

Reactions: lonjsnyder
Someone else told me that to fix horizon, hold the C2 then roll the pic adjust (right) wheel while holding it, it will level out the horizon or tilt the other way, depending on which direction you soon the wheel... ;-)

Yep, it's the shortcut to adjust gimbal roll. But when you run out of adjustment, it's a problem. Running the calibration in the Assistant app allow me to get my adjustment down to -0.3

I have not found in go app any place for battery update firmware? Go app gave me a notice than the screen changed and the option to update was there. The firmware must be in the app all ready because I don't think I was close to any wifi source. The app just upgraded the bird with no cables connected, just app rc and P4 on and it only took seconds. Make shure after the upgrade to turn off battery and remove from the craft and reinstall. I realised I had to do this every time when I did my other batteries. There may be a place to update in the app but I have not found it.

I have not found in go app any place for battery update firmware? Go app gave me a notice than the screen changed and the option to update was there. The firmware must be in the app all ready because I don't think I was close to any wifi source. The app just upgraded the bird with no cables connected, just app rc and P4 on and it only took seconds. Make shure after the upgrade to turn off battery and remove from the craft and reinstall. I realised I had to do this every time when I did my other batteries. There may be a place to update in the app but I have not found it.

Pop in the new battery, open go app, turn on RC, boot up P4, don't enter camera view yet, wait for message about incompatible hardware. ......

Last edited:
I flew 2 batteries this evening and it does seem that the gimbal squeak is gone, I sure hope it was just a firmware issue and not hardware. I had my Phantom hover this evening and it was rock solid, it was a calm evening but I'd say the Phantom moved a centimeter or two. I did notice the altitude drop when stopping but it wasn't too bad. So far I'm liking these new updates. I could be in a good mood to as both my Nanuk 945 and Lowepro Droneguard 450 arrived today.

It's the same old thing with DJI, I don't expect any extra legroom at all. On top of being buggy. When this second P4 came in I had an awful time upgrading, it would not connect to Assistant, even though the other one did and was same everything, even cord. Now this one wouldn't "see" my firmware in either app, which made me nervous I just got lucky with the first one and figured assistant would give me problems, but this time assistant worked, it's just a buggy mess. And to use that se......my bird just shut down at 92% firmware, but says updated, which I'm sure it is, just another fine example of terrible integration of software vs hardware, which is why the tilted horizon is so bad, that very reason, not writing the right code for the hardware which I bet is fully capable of it was just implemented correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Start Visit
It's the same old thing with DJI, I don't expect any extra legroom at all. On top of being buggy. When this second P4 came in I had an awful time upgrading, it would not connect to Assistant, even though the other one did and was same everything, even cord. Now this one wouldn't "see" my firmware in either app, which made me nervous I just got lucky with the first one and figured assistant would give me problems, but this time assistant worked, it's just a buggy mess. And to use that se......my bird just shut down at 92% firmware, but says updated, which I'm sure it is, just another fine example of terrible integration of software vs hardware, which is why the tilted horizon is so bad, that very reason, not writing the right code for the hardware which I bet is fully capable of it was just implemented correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why are people using Assistant when everyone knows it's buggy and updating via Go app works perfectly?

Reactions: arcaine25
Just went through updating my batteries and with each one powering on the Phantom had the gimbal do it's startup with no sound, no squeal at the end like it used to.

Reactions: ftttu
Just went through updating my batteries and with each one powering on the Phantom had the gimbal do it's startup with no sound, no squeal at the end like it used to.

As stated in the update, it fixes the gimbal initialization sound..

Also I would agree, why use assistant as opposed to the app? No problem with the app here. So even like to complicate things . Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kman
Why are people using Assistant when everyone knows it's buggy and updating via Go app works perfectly?

I use it from my desktop which is hardwired to the Internet. We have a **** ton of WiFi interference in my area so I always hardwire for critical downloads.

I use it from my desktop which is hardwired to the Internet. We have a **** ton of WiFi interference in my area so I always hardwire for critical downloads.

Right - but the aircraft update is only wireless in that the mobile device downloads it wirelessly - the update process itself only starts once the firmware is downloaded, and it is via a wired connection.

Reactions: arcaine25
Right - but the aircraft update is only wireless in that the mobile device downloads it wirelessly - the update process itself only starts once the firmware is downloaded, and it is via a wired connection.

Exactly, it's not like the Phantom 3 standard which links via wifi to the bird to transfer the file. The P4 does so via the USB cable

I'm trying to install the latest firmware on my phantom and it just doesn't seem to want to work. I powered on the phantom, plugged in that short adapter->usb cable->my nexus 7, and launched DJI go. Front lights are flashing yellow, i'm on the "connect your DJI device" with phantom 4 screen on, and nothing it happening. Easily waited a couple minutes + restarted app...

The light on the phantom is orange next to the USB port

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.