New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

gonna watch this thread before I update. I am having automatic ascension issues, producing yo yo effects, going to see if you all have any other pop up issues.

Just ran a 19 minute flight with the new firmware. I had a couple of instances where the video stream froze momentarily but I will attribute that to my environment. Other than that everything seemed functionally fine. I spent a few minutes in all three modes and flew it out about as far as I normally can with all the interference I have in my area.

Good to hear the updated firmware seems fine. I am at 60% download, with my internet that means 1-2 more hours and I'll have it.

I did the upgrade too. Towards the end of the upgrade install, it said there was a device error but installed anyway.

During my next flight, I noticed the following:
-the weak image transmission signal was more frequent/consistent and was occurring at shorter distances
- the pixelation was much worse than it was prior to this update
-now all bright/white colors are coming across as black & white candy canes
- my battery drained much more quickly
-all of my settings were reset back to defaults

Attachments

• 1464741906280.jpg
    1464741906280.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 659
  • 1464741917707.jpg
    1464741917707.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
After 2 attempts, installed successfully. Do not see any changes other than it reset my DJI GO settings back to default.

32 channel hack is not based on the aircraft firmware, it's an app modification of the DJI GO app. Firmware update would not get rid of it.

Reactions: arcaine25
Did a test today

- there is Yoyo effect, sux
- the yoyo effect is not frequent during hover however when u do a gentle stop during P mode
- battery is ok
- the video with green and pink line came but it's only before startup after startup its not there
- sports mode on low level is dropping altitude drastically (can crash if never increase altitude)

I find it funnny how it's dtopping the altitude and regaining

Good to hear the updated firmware seems fine. I am at 60% download, with my internet that means 1-2 more hours and I'll have it.

What are you on? Satellite?

I did the upgrade too. Towards the end of the upgrade install, it said there was a device error but installed anyway.

During my next flight, I noticed the following:
-the weak image transmission signal was more frequent/consistent and was occurring at shorter distances
- the pixelation was much worse than it was prior to this update
-now all bright/white colors are coming across as black & white candy canes
- my battery drained much more quickly
-all of my settings were reset back to defaults

Have you tried hooking it up to DJI Assistant and running a firmware refresh? And my settings also were reset. I have seen a few other people mention it as well.

Did a test today

- the yoyo effect is not frequent during hover however when u do a gentle stop during P mode
- battery is ok
- the video with green and pink line came but it's only before startup after startup its not there
- sports mode on low level is dropping altitude drastically (can crash if never increase altitude)

I'm going to pay more attention to that tomorrow. I rode it pretty hard today so it bounced around a lot.

Did a test today

- battery is ok

The yo yo altitude thing actually existed prior to this update, MANY users have been experiencing it unfortunately. I'm hesitant to update and introduce more issues than I Already have, it doesn't sound like it has any current benefit to me as I already have yo yo issues, but not nearly as severe as others. I can currently work around them as I know the height it drops to, as well as when to expect it. It sounds like this could possibly introduce more issues to my P4, but who knows.

@Chopstix -I'm hesitant to use DJI assistant. It bricked my first P4, so I only use DJO Go now for my updates.

@Chopstix -I'm hesitant to use DJI assistant. It bricked my first P4, so I only use DJO Go now for my updates.

Ouch. When I first purchased my P4, the updates via DJI GO kept failing. They one way I could get them to work was with the Assistant. As I am learning, DJI QC is all over the place.

My update went relatively smoothly except for the brief message about my device is not compatible or something like that at about the 96% mark. It looked like it rebooted quickly and completed the update. Have not had a chance to fly yet.

My update went relatively smoothly except for the brief message about my device is not compatible or something like that at about the 96% mark. It looked like it rebooted quickly and completed the update. Have not had a chance to fly yet.

Exact same message as me at the same percentage. The sun is shining here today, snow has stopped, so have a test flight later.

When you update using the DJI GO app it will stop at 99% until you switch on the transmitter. After that, it will show "complete"

Reactions: PredTeam6
Went off without a hitch last night on the update. Flying it today to check for issues. Btw, I tried one USB cord that I had laying around to plug bird into computer with. It did not work. At last resort I tried the cable that came with my Phantom and it opened up DJI Assistant immediately. Had to just be a bad cord I guess. Had me worried for a while. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4