New firmware available...12/25/17

I get the notice to update the firmware when I connect using my IPad Mini 4. I have tried using DJI Assistant to update the P4P itself. That appears to go fine, then I get an error on the remote that says "Version Mismatch. Update all Modules". It won't let me update the RC, usually I have to select the arrow next next to where it shows the update and it will let me update the remote. However, this time it won't do anything other than give me the mismatch error. I downgraded the P4P firmware and everything connects again but it does give me the notice that there is an update. What am I missing? I have tried searching for this error and didn't really find anything explaining what to do.

I bet my hands this version is a major workover. The whole firmware was leaking like a wreckage. Hackers basically picked everything they wanted apart.

This one should be more closed and, unfortunately, have more rigorous geofencing.

Hopefully I am wrong. But what about my hands then :O

I bet my hands this version is a major workover. The whole firmware was leaking like a wreckage. Hackers basically picked everything they wanted apart.

This one should be more closed and, unfortunately, have more rigorous geofencing.

Hopefully I am wrong. But what about my hands then :O
The obsidian got shipped with 1.4.0703. May have fixed problems with 1.4.0602. No way to know without release notes. I searched internet but unsuccessful. Saw one obsidian owner from this forum testing the gimble flip problem and was unsuccessful in recreating the known problem.

I get the notice to update the firmware when I connect using my IPad Mini 4. I have tried using DJI Assistant to update the P4P itself. That appears to go fine, then I get an error on the remote that says "Version Mismatch. Update all Modules". It won't let me update the RC, usually I have to select the arrow next next to where it shows the update and it will let me update the remote. However, this time it won't do anything other than give me the mismatch error. I downgraded the P4P firmware and everything connects again but it does give me the notice that there is an update. What am I missing? I have tried searching for this error and didn't really find anything explaining what to do.

I updated to the latest version of DJI Assistant and tried again. It now appears to be working correctly. I'm still not seeing PANO as an option.

Been waiting on the Android version of go4 to be released for couple of weeks now

Hi guys, just got a new Phantom 4 Pro, I checked and its firmware is V01.01.0203 from September last year, so I am many versions behind the current. Should I upgrade to the current one?

I keep hearing about issues, and my biggest concern is the No fly zone management and Updated No-Fly Zone Management that was listed in the latest 2 firmware updates. I updated Phantom 2 vision plus about 6 months ago and didn't have any issues.

I live in a regional city with a small airport that is hardly used (which I don't intend on going near although having said that the airport is just within 5 kilometres (it's about 4km) of much of my city's population), I am hoping there isn't some crazy thing in these firmware updates that would stop me from flying near that restricted radius etc.

Any help would be great

Last edited:
Im checking on the update on current version of A2. I connected the RC of the P4PO and it comes out as unknown device. I connected the AC and shows up as P4P. Am i missing something? First timer on A2.
I got the same thing when I connected the RC to A2. So, I did the update from the Go 4 app with no issues.

I got the same thing when I connected the RC to A2. So, I did the update from the Go 4 app with no issues.
Found out that RC firmware update done on DJI Go4 not on A2. I updated to 1.5.0300 from 1.4.0703 using A2. Update was not available in DJI Go4 for the obsidian. The RC firmware did not change.

Quick scan of settings doesn't show pano. Suggestions where to look in settings?

Pano mode only works if you have GO app 4.1.20 or later. That version has not been released for Android or “+” controllers.

Good news for us android users. Pano is here!
Updated DJI Go4 just now and fired the drone up to check, and there it was!

Good news for us android users. Pano is here!
Updated DJI Go4 just now and fired the drone up to check, and there it was!
Nothing new showing up on p4p+ controller as of Saturday morning. I thought controller was auto updated with Go4 ? Please help me out

I ordered mine off a retailer from Amazon. I had critical errors and battery errors right out of the box. Tried a few fixes, but to no avail. Ordering through Amazon made the return process super easy. I’ll use the Mavic and the Spark on the Colorado trip, and order a new Obsidian when I get back. It’s easily the most beautiful quad I ever laid eyes on. It calls to me...

I have had my Obsidian for a few weeks now and the greatest thing about it is that you can see it in the sky. I have had it out to 800 feet at an altitude of 100 feet and can pick it out easily. The white is just to hard to find.

I got my P4PO from Dronenerds.com with 2 extra batteries. No problems to report so far. Sorry to hear that you got 1 of the bad ones from the factory. I dont think this would be the case of opened and re packaged sale due to returns.
Same here. I got my P4PO from Amazon with 2 extra batteries and the 6 pack of Polar Pro filters and no issues here either. So far I love it. I sold my P4P to get this one. Best decision I made. I have a total of 8 batteries.

Nothing new showing up on p4p+ controller as of Saturday morning. I thought controller was auto updated with Go4 ? Please help me out

It looks like those with built in screens are left last in line for some reason.
Not what you'd really expect when you've paid for the most expensive version of the phantoms...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20