New firmware 3.16 out

My computer saved all the downloads from 2.00 up. I did the same thing went back to an earlier vers. and everything is fine. Don't upgrade until those novices at dji graduate from kindergarten.

rilot said:
Well, I updated mine and had a flyaway today.
I used the phantom reset file, set everything up, did the compass dance and re-did advanced calibration before flight.

Everything was fine and I was hovering just fine in GPS-Atti mode. Then it started moving to the right. I tried to compensate but it just shot off to the right before smashing in to the ground.

2 wrecked carbon props and a cracked case. Great.

Any way to go back to the previous firmware? 3.14 I think I was on.
Yes, use download folder to go back. Mine was still in program files under dji.

Gary39 said:
Yes, use download folder to go back. Mine was still in program files under dji.

Where exactly? All I have is DJI driver1.0 and DJI NAZAM Assistant_2.14 folders. I don't see any firmware.

help

hi guys am stuck here with a lot of problems after up grading to 3.16 !
1- error 27 appeared from nowhere ! , and every time solved it come back again and again !
2- My H3-2D Gimbal just died !

Guys don't go with this update its a killing Bug.

Please .. Any one Guide me to downgrade to 3.14 back again ? argent

Trying to think how to explain the return to earlier software. I didn't try to upgrade after 3.10 so I don't know what yours looks like when you open. Should get the screen with Basic, tools, view etc. If you get the white screen telling you to upgrade to 3.16, close it. on the bottom of the screen with basic, view, etc. a blue line should be there saying "online help" click it, curse dowm until you find Naza M - Find - think it says" release history", if you find it click on it find the download or release you want, click on it and download the rekease you want. I hope I didn't confuse you. I found this by accident way back when, and may not have explained it clearly.IT is under NazaM toolbox, release history.

thanx Gary for pass by
i did have the 3.14 from the last time ,
i just used it and try the downgrade trough the Naza Assistant 2.14 , its successfully downgraded , and showing 2.14 As The current Version For the Naza-M now .

now am trying to reset and reconfigure parameters and calibrate every thing ,
i wish it came to life after that

one more things , i think this video might help me and some people downgrade their Phantom Successfully ,but it needs german translator !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BND1a4XrQsU

regards

With my New replacement Phantom, I cannot install an eariler version, even though I still have 3.12 on my computer, it will not progress any further until I upgrade.

When I plugged it in, said you must upgrade your firmware to progress any further. With my older Phantom, I could upgrade, or downgrade at will, but the new ones, it seems you cannot downgrade.

The only reason I can think of, is it's got the never naza controller, so won't let you downgrade. Even clicking the update screen off, on the bottom of the Naza contoller software says in red you must update your firmware, to progress, and no way around it, unlike my older Phantom, never got this message and downgrades were fine.

My new Phantom came with 3.14, but had to hook it up to computer as it was not holding GPS steady, so had to calibrate, and would not allow me to do anything until it was upgraded to 3.16, seems on the new Phantom, it is a mandatory update.

mcbander said:
thanx Gary for pass by
i did have the 3.14 from the last time ,
i just used it and try the downgrade trough the Naza Assistant 2.14 , its successfully downgraded , and showing 2.14 As The current Version For the Naza-M now .

now am trying to reset and reconfigure parameters and calibrate every thing ,
i wish it came to life after that

one more things , i think this video might help me and some people downgrade their Phantom Successfully ,but it needs german translator !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BND1a4XrQsU

regards
Doesn't defaut settings under tools work?Yes, wish we could get that translated,. Maybe a good samaritain will come along.I guess from what Dennis says, you can't downgrade on the newer ones. Wish dji would do something constructive instead of worrying about selling new products. Next thing you know, you won't be able to recalibrate without upgrading, (shudder)

Gary39 said:
Next thing you know, you won't be able to recalibrate without upgrading, (shudder)

This is exactly the position I'm in right now. I have 3.14 on my phantom, and I'm on vacation and without access to my computer. I've noticed that the phantom is behaving a bit erratically and I'd like to recalibrate so I downloaded the latest SW, but it won't let me recalibrate without first upgrading to 3.16.

Given the uncertainty around 3.16, I'm hesitant to do this. So now I'm stuck without the ability to recalibrate until I get back home from vacation. ARGH! Is there somewhere where I can download the previous version of the application?

ArshadR said:
Gary39 said:
Next thing you know, you won't be able to recalibrate without upgrading, (shudder)

This is exactly the position I'm in right now. I have 3.14 on my phantom, and I'm on vacation and without access to my computer. I've noticed that the phantom is behaving a bit erratically and I'd like to recalibrate so I downloaded the latest SW, but it won't let me recalibrate without first upgrading to 3.16.

Given the uncertainty around 3.16, I'm hesitant to do this. So now I'm stuck without the ability to recalibrate until I get back home from vacation. ARGH! Is there somewhere where I can download the previous version of the application?
I'm begining to wonder what they have done to their software. Did you try doing what I posted earlier ? Don'use left column once you get into online help, scroll down through all the stuff until you get to naza-m, under toolbars - release history = download last version and try it. I haven't recalibrated all summer, now I'm afraid to, they may have changed the software so you can't recalibrate without upgrading. Typical dji, don't test, just force it on people, then ignore them when their crrap doesn't work, so then create another upgrade that doesn't work. Walkera has put out a "phantom" for around $300.00 I'm looking at, waiting for reviews. I've about had it with dji.
Somewhere I read a post where a guy had your problem, and he fixed it. I will see if I can find it. Something about when it told you you couldn't go any further until you upgraded, he either kept trying or clicking. I'll try to find it, must be on this forum, or subject somewhere, only place I've been concerning phantom.

Gary39 said:
Did you try doing what I posted earlier ? Don'use left column once you get into online help, scroll down through all the stuff until you get to naza-m, under toolbars - release history = download last version and try it.

Ah thanks, I'll try this first.

Somewhere I read a post where a guy had your problem, and he fixed it. I will see if I can find it. Something about when it told you you couldn't go any further until you upgraded, he either kept trying or clicking. I'll try to find it, must be on this forum, or subject somewhere, only place I've been concerning phantom.

I'll search for this as well. Thank you for the heads up!

After maybe 100 or so flights, I had my first flyaway last week on 3.14 so I upgraded to 3.16. Yes, I wait for all greens on ALL my flights. i was flying over a lake and luckily noticed it kept a 30 degree roll angle and i was able to Yaw it back towards land where it flew sideways into some trees, then hit the sand. Its obvious by now that all the fly aways are not user related but a mechanical failure on part of the NAZA controller. I'm sure DJI knows but will never admit, imagine the lawsuits and all the recalls they would have to put up with. Saying this, fly smart, fly safe and not in someones face. and for your next multirotor, think about and Arduino controller. :D

thongbong said:
After maybe 100 or so flights, I had my first flyaway last week on 3.14 so I upgraded to 3.16. Yes, I wait for all greens on ALL my flights. i was flying over a lake and luckily noticed it kept a 30 degree roll angle and i was able to Yaw it back towards land where it flew sideways into some trees, then hit the sand. Its obvious by now that all the fly aways are not user related but a mechanical failure on part of the NAZA controller. I'm sure DJI knows but will never admit, imagine the lawsuits and all the recalls they would have to put up with. Saying this, fly smart, fly safe and not in someones face. and for your next multirotor, think about and Arduino controller. :D
Are flyaways common to all naza controllers? I want to build a quad or hex and don't want the stress of wondering if it will fly away like I stress about my Phantom.

Now that is scary stuff. I wonder if the runaways are only with the Naza or Naza 2 as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thongbong said:

Two things here:
1. Do you use the stock TX or do you have an aftermarket TX/RX fitted?
2. Have you cracked open your Phantom and is the Naza sitting firmly in place or has it come away from it's double sided tape?

LJ35 said:
thongbong said:
Are flyaways common to all naza controllers? I want to build a quad or hex and don't want the stress of wondering if it will fly away like I stress about my Phantom.

Flyaways are common with NAZA controllers. With DJI commercial grades they happened plenty on the Wookong! Instead of Dji Phantom Flyaway it was called Wookong Lockout... do a google search and you will second guess DJI controllers. I love my Phantom, but I'm not gonna buy a second DJI product until this issue gets addressed by the company.

The Editor said:
thongbong said:

Two things here:
2. Have you cracked open your Phantom and is the Naza sitting firmly in place or has it come away from it's double sided tape?

I use the stock TX/RX. the only time Ive cracked it open was to clean out the sand from the first flyaway, and yes I did check to make sure the control board was on solid and it was, like a rock. Like I said in the other post, its a NAZA control issue. It happens on the Wookong too, and as you know the Wookong is way more expensive. If you watch enough of these flyaway vids for both NAZA and Wookong, you'll see what I mean. Lookup the Wookong Lockout.

thongbong said:
The Editor said:
thongbong said:

Two things here:

I use the stock TX/RX. the only time Ive cracked it open was to clean out the sand from the first flyaway, and yes I did check to make sure the control board was on solid and it was, like a rock. Like I said in the other post, its a NAZA control issue. It happens on the Wookong too, and as you know the Wookong is way more expensive. If you watch enough of these flyaway vids for both NAZA and Wookong, you'll see what I mean. Lookup the Wookong Lockout.

I've seen most of the vids re 'flyaways' on YouTube but many can be put down to pilot error and di-orientation if people are not used to flying RC aircraft. (btw - I'm not saying for one minute that yours wasn't genuine and down to pilot error I'm just pointing out that many of them are.)

One thing that has struck me with the Flyaways on the Phantom is that I have NEVER heard of one that uses an aftermarket TX/RX like a Futaba or similar.
I believe the Stock TX/RX combination is a VERY weak link in the chain. It is non channel hopping, non diversity and really prone to RF swamping.
As I say, I may be wrong but...... I have NEVER seen one yet that has had an aftermarket TX/RX fitted.

The Editor said:
I've seen most of the vids re 'flyaways' on YouTube but many can be put down to pilot error and di-orientation if people are not used to flying RC aircraft. (btw - I'm not saying for one minute that yours wasn't genuine and down to pilot error I'm just pointing out that many of them are.)

One thing that has struck me with the Flyaways on the Phantom is that I have NEVER heard of one that uses an aftermarket TX/RX like a Futaba or similar.
I believe the Stock TX/RX combination is a VERY weak link in the chain. It is non channel hopping, non diversity and really prone to RF swamping.
As I say, I may be wrong but...... I have NEVER seen one yet that has had an aftermarket TX/RX fitted.

Hmm... I've heard of changing out the TX/RX. I think I'll try that next. I'm certain my flying was not pilot error as I've been flying non GPS CP helis for a while and know when something is amuck with flight control. A dji phantom is like flying a 4ch heli but easier. :mrgreen: Do you know if there have been many reports with flyaways with a Futaba TX?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20