New firmware 3.16 out

just updated to new 3.16 , had problems would not connect and would not update, i had to reinstall windows 8 drivers, then the new update downloaded and installed with no problem. it will reset all your parameters back to basic, you will have to reset every thing, and recalibrate everything, including the compass, after that its a breeze, will test fly tomorrow and give everyone a heads up on how it flys. note it will say gps error 27 till you recalibrate the compass. :geek:

I just unboxed my new phantom. Done all the calibrating. Working good. It was on 3.14. Then i upgraded to 3.16 firmware now the phantom keep flashing yellow lights and can't remote control. I wonder if there is a reset or roll back firmware function!?

Meettyrone said:
I just unboxed my new phantom. Done all the calibrating. Working good. It was on 3.14. Then i upgraded to 3.16 firmware now the phantom keep flashing yellow lights and can't remote control. I wonder if there is a reset or roll back firmware function!?

Check pre-flight actions and LEDs sequences. Yellow blinking means warm status. Just wait 2 minutes, until get GREEN or GREEN - GREEN (after 20 GREENs that means Home Direction recorded).

Meettyrone said:

Make sure to set control type to PPM in Basic, RC in Naza Assistant.

It seems that upgrading to 3.16 will set it to D-BUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fact, 3.16 upgrade WILL RESET ALL YOUR SETTINGS, so be careful and verify and re-set all de values:

Naza-Assistant%202.16-Firmware3.16-New2.jpg

jumanoc said:
In fact, 3.16 upgrade WILL RESET ALL YOUR SETTINGS, so be careful and verify and re-set all de values:

Naza-Assistant%20202.16-Firmware3.16-New2.jpg

What I did after 3.16 upgrade was to do a reset to default settings, power cycled the MC, then loaded default Phantom 3.16 params file from DJI Phantom downloads page.

Had to struggle a bit, update went smooth, but was getting red-green-yellow blinks and could not do advanced cali due to temp being too high.

Tried several times though and finally got it updated and calibrated (adv. + gps)

Claust said:
Had to struggle a bit, update went smooth, but was getting red-green-yellow blinks and could not do advanced cali due to temp being too high.

Tried several times though and finally got it updated and calibrated (adv. + gps)
i got that high temp msg too :?:

still dont know if the update has worked :lol:

Nwales said:
Claust said:

I got the same message as well. I was, how can that be? I've only had it turned on for like 4 minutes. I just pushed forward and I have not had any error messages or error lights flashing.

Has anyone tested the operation of the SBUS 2 yet. This is what I have been waiting for, I can finally use all the channels and get rid of the extra wires. Just hope it works!

As of today 8/9/13, the NAZA 3.16 upgrade files are still missing on DJI's Phantom download page: (not center line has just the date but now zip or exe files . . .

"ASSISTANT SOFTWARE & DRIVER

Naza-M Assistant Software v2.162013-08-06ZIPEXE
@Naza-M Firmware* v3.16 2013-08-06
DJI WIN8 Driver Installer2013-01-18ZIPEXE"

anyone know what's going on??

bumper said:
As of today 8/9/13, the NAZA 3.16 upgrade files are still missing on DJI's Phantom download page: (not center line has just the date but now zip or exe files . . .

i noticed this yesterday , I used the link when I opened naza .14 ..even doing that I had the warning pop up saying high temp switch off for 5 mins an try again ? Kept getting this even though it wasn't hot as only just plugged it in lol

Think I will wait for dji to sort it out :?:

bumper said:

Actually, the v3.16 firmware files are not [still] missing.

DJI does not post direct links to the firmwares file for firmware upgrades. As they try to explain with the '*' footnote (see below), the v3.16 firmware file is downloaded directly by the Naza-M Assistant Software v2.16. That's why there are no zip or exe links located next to the firmware on the downloads page.

At least part of the problem folks had with upgrading firmware early on was that the software could not connect over the internet to the DJI mothership or could not locate the firmware server file, and so did not offer the firmware upgrades. This, in turn, may be related to DJI activating their new/alternate domain of 'DJI.com'.

Steve

Assistant Software & Driver:

Naza-M Assistant Software v2.16 2013-08-06 ZIP EXE
Naza-M Firmware* v3.16 2013-08-06
DJI WIN8 Driver Installer 2013-01-18 ZIP EXE
DJI Driver Installer 2013-01-07 ZIP EXE
Phantom Default Configuration Parameters 2013-08-06 ZIP

* Download the Firmware via Assistant software.

FangsCPO said:
Nwales said:
Claust said:

I got the same message as well. I was, how can that be? I've only had it turned on for like 4 minutes. I just pushed forward and I have not had any error messages or error lights flashing.

While I haven't yet done the v3.16 FW upgrade, I seem to recall when upgrading to FW v3.14, that while doing 'Advanced Calibration' there was a step that consisted of 'unplug the Phantom battery and wait at least 10 min'. This, coupled with the wait time when powering up a cold Phantom for the first time on a day flying (you know during the four-yellow-flashes interval), suggests that the Naza monitors it's own temp during active warm up, and that this warm up process is also monitored during Advanced Calibration. If that's true, then just unplug and wait 10 min to let the Naza cool off to ambient temp, and then try again. Or just continue and hope for the best...

Steve

Took the phantom out today to test the new upgrade 3.16, ran a couple of batteries through it and seems to work fine, didnt have any problems. i did notice that motors are much smoother and bit quieter and after two batteries were just barely warm, on 3.14 they were getting real warm , both the batteries and the motors, the throttle seems a bit more responsive then before climbs really fast. warm up is about the same and lights seem to go through same process as the older 3.14, im good with it and pleased,, seems like dji is slowy but surely gettting the bugs out of there programming. :D

toolman2a said:
Took the phantom out today to test the new upgrade 3.16, ran a couple of batteries through it and seems to work fine, didnt have any problems. i did notice that motors are much smoother and bit quieter and after two batteries were just barely warm, on 3.14 they were getting real warm , both the batteries and the motors, the throttle seems a bit more responsive then before climbs really fast. warm up is about the same and lights seem to go through same process as the older 3.14, im good with it and pleased,, seems like dji is slowy but surely gettting the bugs out of there programming. :D
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think this is just a placebo effect. I cannot imagine firmware having an impact on engine temperature.

Personally, I'd hold off installing 3.16. It just doesn't sound so far as a stable build!

Just my 2 cents!

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw that and tried to run the update. I kept getting a warning that the MC was over-heating and I was to power down and wait 10 minutes and retry the update. The Advance Calibrate also stated there was a magnetic field, that prevented the GPS and compass from calibrating. So, I reinstalled the 2.14 Naza Assistant and it said there were no updates. Not sure what to make of it all. I thought, I was doing good by install the latest updates. This is one that didn't work for my Phantom. Anyone else having a similar experience and what did you do to fix the issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4