New firmware 1.4 installation problem

Reaction score
I have the P3A. I've updated firmware successfully before. This time,not as lucky. Did everything properly on the sd card. The only exception I noticed is that the "how to install firmware " file is for 1.2 which also wants me to upgrade the remote controller. I did that last week successfully. Now when I insert the sd card into the camera slot and power on the P3 the camera light flashes green for about 5 seconds then goes to solid green. No update is in progress as far as I can tell and there is no txt file on the card. Any insight would be appreciated.

I don't think I missed anything. I'm very computer saavy and put the 1.4 on the blank sd card. Then inserted into the camera and powered it on. Right from there it should start the update.All it does is blinks green for 5 seconds then turns solid green. I don't think it's the sd card because it reads fine when attached to my computer. I'm at a loss. Trying to get someone on the phone at DJI in California is like trying to call the President.

I had the exact problem you did and here's what fixed it for me;
On your PC, format your sd card using quick format and leave the allocation unit size to whatever is displayed (do not change it to default allocation size).
Then copy just the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC. Insert to the P3 and power up.
Originally I had set the default allocation in quick format and copied with USB 3.0 ports and got the problem you described.
Others have had success formatting the card using the P3 and the Go App instead of a PC. Good luck!

Thanks Pete,it's updating right now. red and green lights flashing. I'll reply when it's done. Also thanks to Doctor Drone for taking the time to help. Dan

Reactions: bobmyers
All done boys. That was a poser.Here's what I got.
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

My RC i did install the 1.3..2.0 update.....on a PEN. It did take about 3 minutes.

Never was updated before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.