New DJI 9450 Props coming out for P/P2/E300

I am on my tablet so short sentences. Has anyone posted the wiki on vrs? I can't cut and paste with this tablet and I cannot find info on quads just single and dual props. What I am understanding from reading one that the vrs event only happens when under power. I got the feeling from reading that we don't produce enough downward prop
wash when descending by reducing throttle. And I get the feeling that real world testing of quads or more, is lacking.

Im guessing that the new profile of the props plus the recent firmware update slowing down the rate of descent will prevent a lot of propwash and VRS incidents be interesting to see if thats the case but DJI wouldn't have done this for nothing.

:?:

Wedeliver said:
I am on my tablet so short sentences. Has anyone posted the wiki on vrs? I can't cut and paste with this tablet and I cannot find info on quads just single and dual props. What I am understanding from reading one that the vrs event only happens when under power. I got the feeling from reading that we don't produce enough downward prop
wash when descending by reducing throttle. And I get the feeling that real world testing of quads or more, is lacking.

Start here: viewtopic.php?t=17468

Never had vrs with my 450 and you could come down really fast with that.

Same with my FC40 intill I tried to use a set of the phantom vision props on it and the gains not adjusted right and then had it happen a few times. and not ever expecting it or even experiencing it before with the stock props.

With the stock props I could decent as full speed with out any problems whats so ever. Which i think in gps mode on the fc40 the decent speed is 6 meters per second. or 8 I cant remember off hand but its the same as the max accent speed. But with the vision props it would go in to a VRS even if trying to autoland which is way slower.

ElGuano, any further details? Would be great to hear your impressions on the differences in flight characteristics. Stability, smoothness, performance, noise, duration, etc.

I have a set too that I've been trying to test more thoroughly, but I'm trying to do it on windless days to keep the variables to a minimum, and I've only had one day like that since they arrived.

So far they have little or no difference in flight or handling behavior during regular maneuvers, they're a touch louder than the 9443's, and about 5-7% less efficient based on the hit to flight times.

I haven't been able to induce VRS with them yet but I haven't pushed too hard either. I can say that they do seem better behaved across the range of descent angles and rates I've tested so far...usually between 25-30 deg and 1.8-2.8 m/s.

On the one test I did with them in some breeze I did notice that they weren't affected quite as much as the 9443's when a crosswind hit.

Ok, I have several dozen batteries flown on these on a p1 and p2v+. General impressions are that these props are extremely stable. They respond more crisply than the 9443s, are a little louder, and cause the motors to heat up a marginal bit more. They take less throttle on stick to maintain hover in manual, and they absolutely bring you back to a hover faster than the 9443s during fast descent.

Overall efficiency is very close to the 9443s. I consistently get about 45 seconds to 1 min less with the 9450s (so ~16 min mixed flight on the p2v+ and the p1), pretty much what I was expecting given the higher thrust.

If you are experiencing wobbles or uncontrolled descents, I would definitely give these a shot.

What I can't do is reproduce terminal VRS. I never had a problem with it on 9443s to begin with, so I can't get a good bead on how the 9450s differ.

The power characteristics mean that these will be a useful tool in the tool chest, I'll pack them with the phantom whenever I travel to altitude.

Mori55 said:
Got a link for these ?

Don't know if they hit the shelves yet, but I think the release is imminent. Probably worth calling your preferred shop and seeing if they're getting stock?

ElGuano said:
Mori55 said:
Got a link for these ?

Don't know if they hit the shelves yet, but I think the release is imminent. Probably worth calling your preferred shop and seeing if they're getting stock?
For anyone in the UK, droneshack.co.uk had them in stock

IrishSights said:
ElGuano said:
Mori55 said:
Got a link for these ?

Where ?

IrishSights said:
ElGuano said:
Mori55 said:
Got a link for these ?

Where?

The site doesn't give any indication that they aren't standard 9443 props...I think this is a case where it's absolutely worth emailing or calling the vendor to confirm prior to purchasing.

I've been in contact with Steve at DroneShack and can confirm that the props on the site are not 9450's. My apologies to all if I misled you to think they were. It was a misunderstanding. Gotta say for DroneShack to get back to me on a Sunday afternoon is a credit to them. Sorry again.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20