New Distance Problem

HWB

Reaction score
I recently had the bottom shell replaced on my P3 Standard after a mishap with a tree. Now I get no more than a 100m of distance before I lose my signal. Before the tree I had no problems. Is the issue with the antenna on the P3?
20200105_080117[1].jpg
20200105_081001[1].jpg

We need more info.
"I get no more than a 100m of distance before I lose my signal"

What signal do you loose?
Telemetry
Video
Remote Control Signal, Phantom wants to RTH.

Rod

Reactions: Capt KO
I lose the controller signal. I lose video and telemetry and any control. It will come back home and when it gets to 100m I regain control and can begin flying it again

Take it back if it's close enough. Something's not hooked up right. Sorry
"American Drones in OKC/Moore, Oklahoma"

Now that make sense, I really couldn't figure that out. :rolleyes:

Rod

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
I agree try not to cover the antenna with any substance as it could interfere with transmission but to replace the bottom shell I'm sure they unplugged everything from the motherboard you may want to check all your connections make sure none are loose.

Also may I note their are tons of videos on youtube showing you how to easily open up your drone and just watch what they disconnect and connect and make sure everything is exactly the same.

Hopefully, they used DJI OEM parts. Aftermarket don’t always work so good on the internals.

Did they give you the old parts back to compare? Usually there are tiny differences that you can tell them apart.

Hello from Georgia.
I have some problems and I think someone know about this.
Two month ago I could not fly my drone, because the app of DJI requested a system update (Firmware).
I updated Firmware the third times, in the first and second cases I did not finish correctly.
After that my drone does not fly more than 80-100 meters.
I contacted to Dji support, but they could not help me.
Can anyone help me?

Head over to the relevant DJI downloads page and grab the latest firmware:
Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Advanced
Phantom 3 Standard
Phantom 3 4K

Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your desktop. The firmware itself is inside the .bin file.

Insert your Micro SD card into the slot on the Phantom 3’s Gimbal.

Using the USB cable that was supplied with your Phantom, connect the Micro-usb port on the Phantom Gimbal with your computer. (Another way to do this is to remove the SD card and install it in your computer using a card reader.

Turn on your Phantom 3 drone as normal.

Copy the .bin file you’ve just unzipped to your desktop over to the ‘root’ of the SD card which should now appear as a storage device on your computer. The root just means the home location on the SD card, not within any folders or subfolders.

After the file has been copied, remove the USB cable that was connecting the aircraft and your computer. (Or remove SD card from computer and install it back in the aircraft.)

The aircraft will now upgrade the firmware automatically using the .bin file that you’ve placed on the SD card. This process will take some time, up to 40 minutes, so please don’t be alarmed if it seems to be taking some time. During the update process the device may make sounds, reboot or other strange behaviour – don’t worry – it’s part of the process.

Once the update has begun, you’ll see a small LED on the gimbal.

Flashing green then red – Firmware is still upgrading.

Solid green light – The firmware upgrade is complete.

Solid red – The firmware upgrade was unsuccessful.

As soon as you see the status LED on the Phantom 3 gimbal turn solid green without flashing, the firmware upgrade is complete.

It is also important to listen to what noises your gimbal is making: A beep ever half second indicates the updated file has been recognised and is being loaded, 4 beeps in a row means the file is installing and finally one beep followed by two shorted beeps indicates the update is complete and the craft can be switched off.

That’s it – the firmware upgrade is now complete.
Please remove the .bin file from the SD card before continuing to use your aircraft.

I updated firmware from the official web site of DJI. Updated successfully. But remote control still loose's signal.

After that I tried downgraded firmware version. Updated successfully, but still is not working good : ((

"Please remove the .bin file from the SD card before continuing to use your aircraft."

I have not done it : (

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20