New camera, bad video quality

That should work. Next stupid question (it's caught people before). You did remove the plastic protective skin from the lens .....

I wish it was the plastic skin. Actually I used a filter.

And make sure your sharpness / contrast / saturation are set to zero.

That's "standard", right? O O O.

Just now put it on "auto" (don't know why I didn't try that before) and did a short vid and the results were a lot better. So It's nice to know it's not the camera. I might be doomed to only fly auto if I can't get this thing dialed in.

AFAIK, all 'auto' does is fix the shutter speed and ISO, none of which appeared to be a major issue. Auto actually allows the sharpness / contrast / saturations to values to be used. Although again, you don't appear to be using the DJI Go app so it is possible that whatever you are doing is mucking about with the settings some where.

FWIW, I often shoot auto as lighting can change drastically.

The first thing I would do if I saw video like that is... Use the video on the sd card. That looks like he live feed.. And a bad live feed at that. If it is the video from the card I would check the camera settings to make certain I am recording 4K not 720p.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

AFAIK, all 'auto' does is fix the shutter speed and ISO, none of which appeared to be a major issue. Auto actually allows the sharpness / contrast / saturations to values to be used. Although again, you don't appear to be using the DJI Go app so it is possible that whatever you are doing is mucking about with the settings some where.

FWIW, I often shoot auto as lighting can change drastically.

Yes, it's DJI Go app. And no matter what my settings, the videos looked muddy and flickering. Auto seems to work better.

Here it is on auto:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Somehow, you are still not uploading the full 4k file. Are you pulling the file from the SD card and not the phone/tablet/computer memory?
Here are two screenshots. The first is yours, see the black border? That is like 640x480 resolution. Have you somehow changed the quality on youtube to something lower? Or maybe your IP wont allow for large file uploads?
The second screenshot is of a 4K upload.

Attachments

• sc3.png
    sc3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • sc2.png
    sc2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 350
If I may add. You have set D-Log on, so did you color grade it?
see
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
for more info and whys.

Somehow, you are still not uploading the full 4k file. Are you pulling the file from the SD card and not the phone/tablet/computer memory?
Here are two screenshots. The first is yours, see the black border? That is like 640x480 resolution. Have you somehow changed the quality on youtube to something lower? Or maybe your IP wont allow for large file uploads?
The second screenshot is of a 4K upload.
He said he pulled the file from the SD card.... I assumed that the bars were due to YouTube but I know little of uploading to YT since I use Vimeo.

But yeah, all the data suggests a low rez file with nasty compression.

The 2.7k video coming out of my phantom 3 advanced ( my pro works fine ) looks like pixelated and blocky, anyone have a fix

Change the video settings in the GO app. Or you might just be flying when there is not enough light.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers