New Battery showing Over Current

Reaction score
Hello

New Phantom 3A user. I have a new P3A which I will admit I did not buy new. But the person showed me the logs and he only had 1.25 hours logged. The package came with 2 extra batteries.

I have not had many flights. Now on of the batteries isn't charging. From what I can tell, LED#2 is blinking twice, which indicates an over current. From the healthydrone.com logs, that battery has only been charged 7 times.

I connected the suspect battery back into the P3A and powered up the controller. Battery showed 38%.

The other 2 batteries appear fine.

Is there any way to resolve this (i.e. discharge) or is this battery toast?

Thanks
Note: I guess it could be possible that it is blinking 3 times. I can't tell. Perhaps I can upload a video

Last edited:
Ok... so what I did since (with some guidance from a friend)

Battery in question was at 38%. I took it out for a short flight to drain it so then I could either 1) try charging again or 2) discharge.

Flight took it down to approx 14-16%. Now when I charge only the top/first LED blinks (constantly) no others. I didn't find this in the manual all (same place that tells you what @ 2 LED blink means etc).

I guess I can try discharging it. Any thoughts? Also how quick should i set to discharge?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj