New Battery issue

Reaction score
hi, just opened the phantom 3 advanced and started to set it up, charged the remote fine but the battery after plugging into the charger has no flashing lights? If I put it in the drone and press the button it shows one light, so it's not fully charged, the spare one I bought has flashing lights so the charger works

hi, just opened the phantom 3 advanced and started to set it up, charged the remote fine but the battery after plugging into the charger has no flashing lights?

Hi - just curious if you are attempting to charge the controller and battery at the same time? Don't think you can or at least it is not advised for the P3.

Is that the stock battery you are talking about (one that came with the P3)? If one battery is charging fine, then I would take a close look at the connection slots on the one that won't charge - make sure there is nothing in there. Check the pins on the charger to make sure neither is loose and making a poor connection. I know you say it (battery) does connect in the P3 fine (which is odd) - but for the charger, who knows, it might be a little different as to charger pin size Vs the slot in the battery?

Could also need a reset of as mentioned by "rockydog" - or the battery maybe needs to be left connected for a bit longer to the charger - just keep an eye on it and try leaving it plugged in for a few minutes to see if it does start the charging process.

Just a shot in the dark - if it is an OEM (DJI) battery take it back to the store for a replacement if nothing works. Best of luck.

Try turning the battery on while it's out of the P3 -(short push/long push)- and then connect to the charger to see if that works.

Good job rockydog - must keep that in mind!

Good job rockydog - must keep that in mind!
It's also useful if you're wanting to top up a battery that's almost full....sometimes they won't light up unless you do the switch on method.
(The reason it's not advised to charge controller and battery at the same time is that it can overload the charger and cause it to run hot).

It's also useful if you're wanting to top up a battery that's almost full....sometimes they won't light up unless you do the switch on method.
(The reason it's not advised to charge controller and battery at the same time is that it can overload the charger and cause it to run hot).

Excellent advice - great to know. Amazing on here how we keep on learning! I think the P4 charger can handle both the controller and Phantom battery now - probably a slower charge however and maybe even still best to charge separately. Thanks again and your advice is duly noted.

Reactions: rockydog
Plugged in the remote to the app on my iPad, did the setup and calibration, says safe to fly but it says everything needs an update, remote, battery, etc , do I need to do this or can I still use it without? But worried as I've heard of them bricking if done wrong

Plugged in the remote to the app on my iPad, did the setup and calibration, says safe to fly but it says everything needs an update, remote, battery, etc , do I need to do this or can I still use it without? But worried as I've heard of them bricking if done wrong

I purchased a P3A about a year or so ago - I did one update when I unboxed it and since it has been flying and handling fine I have been ignoring the updates. I also have a P4 that I did an update on when I first got it last spring and again all is good so I didn't do any of the latest updates.

I know I probably should but I seem to live by the........."if it aint broke....don't fix it" for just about everything - lol. If you fly it and are happy with it - well, I guess it's your call on updating or not. There are a few who have had issues and rolled back an update and then there are others who have had no issues with updates. I haven't heard of anyone getting totally "bricked" out.

Think I'll just ( well hubby as it's his) have a play with it first and see how it works, then maybe give the updates a go later down the line, just abit nervous of messing with firmware

Think I'll just ( well hubby as it's his) have a play with it first and see how it works, then maybe give the updates a go later down the line, just abit nervous of messing with firmware

That's about the way I thought also as to updates ---- there are a lot who are flying with firmware that ignore updates and for the same reasons you have. Good luck n safe flying n filming.

Reactions: rottiegirl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94