Never to old

Reaction score
well in my younger days I fooled around with cox gas powered cars and planes , a little bit with electric helicopters (always crashes these) and now my daughters talked me into buying a dji phantom 3 pro!!
And I think Iam going to love it , just came in two days ago so doing tons of reading and watching videos , looks almost fool proof but that can turn and kick you in the *** very fast lol, from Saskatchewan and will be visiting this site often, hope you guys don't mind me asking a lot of questions as well ,take care and keep her in the sky!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Dino .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Dinodragon1
If you could keep an RC helicopter if the deck for more than 45sec this will be easy. As long as you understand how RTH works and have it set properly all you need to do if find an open area to practice in and you will be fine. Just remember, if you loose your cool just let go of the sticks and she will hover and wait for you to gather your thoughts. One more tip, shut down after landing by holding the left stick down, not both sticks down and in, this will avoid tip overs.

well in my younger days I fooled around with cox gas powered cars and planes , a little bit with electric helicopters (always crashes these) and now my daughters talked me into buying a dji phantom 3 pro!!
And I think Iam going to love it , just came in two days ago so doing tons of reading and watching videos , looks almost fool proof but that can turn and kick you in the *** very fast lol, from Saskatchewan and will be visiting this site often, hope you guys don't mind me asking a lot of questions as well ,take care and keep her in the sky!!

I'm near postal code S0G.
Over a hundred flights on my Phantom 2 in two years. Open to chat if you like.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Nice to get such a good reception from all you guys , Iam planning on taking its virgin flight tommorow as long as it's not raining or begin to snow !! But it's getting about that time of the year , I think I have RTH set up properly and ya I could fly the electric helis but basic hover / back fourth that's about it , single dad with two daughters so this would give us something to maybe take some nice pics and videos , getting late so calling it a night , chat with you all tommorow before my flight , maybe give me a few pointers , take care !!

Reactions: Nickster
Nice to get such a good reception from all you guys , Iam planning on taking its virgin flight tommorow as long as it's not raining or begin to snow !! But it's getting about that time of the year , I think I have RTH set up properly and ya I could fly the electric helis but basic hover / back fourth that's about it , single dad with two daughters so this would give us something to maybe take some nice pics and videos , getting late so calling it a night , chat with you all tommorow before my flight , maybe give me a few pointers , take care !!
One other thing Iam used to useing mode 1 as that's how I flew helis , any benifit to me switching over to mode2 so Iam status quo?

One other thing Iam used to useing mode 1 as that's how I flew helis , any benifit to me switching over to mode2 so Iam status quo?
Quite honestly, it was so long ago the I used any form of RC AC prior to the P3 that if it'd been set to mode 1 from the outset, I'd know no difference. It's what you're comfortable with using, so it'll be fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj