newby to drone world

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for looking in. Been looking at threads on here but a bit much to take in and hard to find what I am looking for. I have just bought a second hand phantom 3 pro about 3 days ago, lad selling showed me flight test in car park looked fine flown 10 foot round us. looked good, deal made, thanks very much. come home late that night think have go in morning.
ok time to get help first thing load dji app not hooking to transmitter?
look for firmware cant do that need dji app?
dji support try this try that 4 hours later same?
looking in here that much to take in head to mush :confused::confused::mad::eek::eek:
what I think I need to do is load old dji app, hook to transmitter and upload firmware
then take off old dji app put new dji app on phone, load firmware that came in jan 2018
then I can fly I HOPE
I have flown planes and a few helicopters for years. "have you tried drones mate they are dead good" so a friend told me.
My head never been so far up ## please can someone help
ps flown in house videos and photos fine but only seen with sd card and seen photos on sd card last flown 7/2016 so I guess firmware well out of date

Hi and thank you for looking in. Been looking at threads on here but a bit much to take in and hard to find what I am looking for. I have just bought a second hand phantom 3 pro about 3 days ago, lad selling showed me flight test in car park looked fine flown 10 foot round us. looked good, deal made, thanks very much. come home late that night think have go in morning.
looking in here that much to take in head to mush :confused::confused::mad::eek::eek:
what I think I need to do is load old dji app, hook to transmitter and upload firmware
then take off old dji app put new dji app on phone, load firmware that came in jan 2018
then I can fly I HOPE
I have flown planes and a few helicopters for years. "have you tried drones mate they are dead good" so a friend told me.
ps flown in house videos and photos fine but only seen with sd card and seen photos on sd card last flown 7/2016 so I guess firmware well out of date
With all due respect, your post is a bit rambling and badly punctuated, so possibly that's why you haven't had any replies so far. You need to make it easy for people to understand your problem so that they can help you. If you don't, people will just try to read it, find they can't easily understand it and will then just move on...

If I've understood you correctly:-
You can't get a 2nd-hand P3P to connect to your device for some reason. If you can explain in a clear concise way what you have done so far, then people might be able to help. If you don't state your problem and questions clearly, then how can people help you? You've already also been told this on another thread...

I wouldn't recommend updating firmware until you, personally, have flown the P3P and tested everything out in the condition that you received it in. That way you can be sure that any problem is not as a result of any changes you have made.

Finally, if you haven't already, read the manual (several times)! Downloadable here:- http://download.dji-innovations.com...hantom_3_Professional_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

And finally, finally... Welcome! :)

Reactions: JoBe
With all due respect, your post is a bit rambling and badly punctuated, so possibly that's why you haven't had any replies so far. You need to make it easy for people to understand your problem so that they can help you. If you don't, people will just try to read it, find they can't easily understand it and will then just move on...
nailed it!

I wouldn't recommend updating firmware until you, personally, have flown the P3P and tested everything out in the condition that you received it in. That way you can be sure that any problem is not as a result of any changes you have made.
another nailed it!

then I can fly I HOPE
try this for firmware if you want but as stevo said i would not change things right away:
P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

and this for tips:
Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

Embo,
If you are using an iPhone with the latest upgrade (11.2, I think), then you may have the same problem other forum members are having connecting their mobile device to their P3P. Do you know what mobile device the seller was using? What is yours and have you upgraded it recently?

Sorry about first message too many beers. Think I have it sorted it now. Not my strong point texting.

hi pumpkin yes iPhone 5s he used but he never used on test flight. (I'm using iPad mini 2)
Thanks Steve for info but still not getting anywhere with drone.
Uploaded firmware on AC now cant link RC to AC (because RC USB not connecting)
Losing heart in my new drone :(:(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr