Neighbours...

Reaction score
So a house is being built near us, and I really think it is quite interesting, I would love to enter constructions when I get older and the Building of the house is fascinating. I will usually fly over, maybe once a week, and Check out the construction of the house, then continue on with my flight. Today one of the builders came and actually complained, because it was "following them" I fully respect privacy and I never go below 200 feet. Maximum I have stayed at the house was about 1 minute. I understand how someone would get uneasy. Maybe that builder is there once a week and it's the day I fly over. I just found it was kind of invasive for her to roll up and get angry.

What are your thoughts and stories about uneasy neighbours?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

just explain flying within my rights as a pilot of a uav show them your faa certificate be polite and tell them to have a nice day

Has s

Maybe they are installing cheap fittings instead of the specified ones and don't want anyone to know !
Last summer I went out to a city park to fly. A few city park workers were sitting around. As soon as I took off one asked if I had a camera on it. When I said yes they got up & went back to work cutting the grass. I yelled I'm not with the city, they quit & sat down again watching me fly.

I cracked up.

Has s

Maybe they are installing cheap fittings instead of the specified ones and don't want anyone to know !

I agree with you, chances are the builder is cutting corners and is nervous to avoid inspectors anyway and the phantom flying over is just pushing the guilt of what may not be done to what is code in the area.

I had a neighbor other night driving around chasing mine then they stopped and ask if I have seen those lights in sky sat rc down and talked with him thought police where spying on area when he left to go find it again flew it over his car for awhile cant believe he didn't now what my rc was

Lol, there you go. Tell em yer an inspector

/kidding drone police

As long as you fly safely, your good. Not sure where you are, but in the U.S. there is no reasonable expectation of privacy while in public. Anyone is subject to being filmed while in public. I wouldn't film thru windows. That would be a problem.

Reactions: Potty and gvsukids
As long as you fly safely, your good. Not sure where you are, but in the U.S. there is no reasonable expectation of privacy while in public. Anyone is subject to being filmed while in public. I wouldn't film thru windows. That would be a problem.

That's messed up if anybody films through windows. Makes me sick.

A neighbour approached me at the cottage one time. It was kinda funny seeing him trip through the bushes and approach me all out of breath. He just said keep it away from my property. I kindly said no problem. I wasn't hovering over his place anyway, so I continued to fly around the area mindful of his request.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigAl07
A neighbour approached me at the cottage one time. It was kinda funny seeing him trip through the bushes and approach me all out of breath. He just said keep it away from my property. I kindly said no problem. I wasn't hovering over his place anyway, so I continued to fly around the area mindful of his request.

I can't wait for somebody to approach me, I will probably never be that lucky, but in that case I might answer. I don't need to see what your up to, the whole neighbor hood already knows.

I've been in the constitution business for 27yrs and have had news crews several times film n report my work(witch I hang proudly on my wall) and couldn't of been happier. Really makes me wonder what's going on down your street? I'm thinking I may donate all my extra batteries to u so u can spend some REAL time filming there work. I can only think of a couple reasons why somebody wouldn't want to be filmed doing there job.
NEIGHBORS RIGHT.....

Property owners do claim rights to airspace above their homes, so I usually fly high and out of the way.

Some people just like to complain. Been in Construction since 1980 { Ya I am old} Been around enough to witness Home builders/realtors treat sub contractors and other people like crap. Bitching about everything.
Its is simple. roll up in a rusted out truck trashed out with torn dirty jeans
Hmm must be lower class. roll up in a new truck with clean jeans and shiny shoes out comes the builder, banker or realtor ready to kiss your #@@
so 14 yr old kid with a toy. treat him like crap, same situation, 25 ish yr old man with a Drone, dressed nice with big house expensive vehicle, well you get where this is going.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl