Need to nudge gimbal every time

Reaction score
Every time I power up my Phantom and get ready to take off I have to nudge the camera before it will respond to my up and down commands. Once I do that it will operate correctly for the entire flight and I can land and take off again and it will still work. But if I power down the Drone and then power it back up again that's have to nudge to gimbal camera again. Any ideas?

Every time I power up my Phantom and get ready to take off I have to nudge the camera before it will respond to my up and down commands. Once I do that it will operate correctly for the entire flight and I can land and take off again and it will still work. But if I power down the Drone and then power it back up again that's have to nudge to gimbal camera again. Any ideas?
This is since I replaced the yaw arm and ribbon cable

I assume what you named ribbon cable is really flex flat cable; ribbon cables are really the ones that connect camera to the ESC board and OFDM board.

You probably have some glue in the place where flex flat cable wraps twice around a rod near the lens. If that's not the case, you could also try putting a droplet of vaseline oil where the rod goes through the roll arm (I never really tried the oil, but I have a gimbal which sometimes gets stuck in a similar manner and am considering doing it).

Reactions: Nightwolf
My EXACT problem. Just replaced the cable and now the gimbal is rather stiff. It doesn't do its startup dance properly unless manually nudged. Works okay indoors and when warm, but after flying for a minute in the cold it is no longer responsive. Getting ready to disassemble and reassemble. Leary of using lubricants unless they are dry silicon or Teflon based.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.