Need to connect R/C with Android - which cable?

Reaction score
My buddy just got a new (to him) P3P. He tells me that the RC only has a USB Micro connector on the back, where my P3A has a USB Micro and a USB standard A connector. I connect my P3A to my iPad via the USB standard A connector.

I tried to connect the iPad to the micro connector, but couldn't find a suitable cable.

Do you need to use an OTG cable to use the USB micro connector on the P3P? Or is there a cable that connects USB Micro to Lightning directly that will work?

Same question if you were using the Micro on the RC to an Android C or Micro connector?

Thanks!

You cannot use the micro usb connector on the RC to connect to your device. Use the full size USB connector and a cord with either USB B or C (depending on which android device you have). His P3P RC will definitely have the full size USB type A connector.

How did they fly it in the past? No device? ........that’s no fun. Gots to have USB and usb.
What model remote (on bottom)?

You cannot use the micro usb connector on the RC to connect to your device. Use the full size USB connector and a cord with either USB B or C (depending on which android device you have). His P3P RC will definitely have the full size USB type A connector.
I am the person the OP was referring to and I appreciated his assistance. In any case, there is only one port to plug in to and it is the Micro USB. I can provide a picture if you like.

My buddy just got a new (to him) P3P. He tells me that the RC only has a USB Micro connector on the back, where my P3A has a USB Micro and a USB standard A connector. I connect my P3A to my iPad via the USB standard A connector.

I tried to connect the iPad to the micro connector, but couldn't find a suitable cable.

Do you need to use an OTG cable to use the USB micro connector on the P3P? Or is there a cable that connects USB Micro to Lightning directly that will work?

Same question if you were using the Micro on the RC to an Android C or Micro connector?

Thanks!
I am the person the OP was referring to and I appreciated his assistance. In any case, there is only one port to plug in to and it is the Micro USB. I can provide a picture if you like.
Sounds like either you have the wrong RC for a P3P or maybe you don’t have a P3P. As has been asked earlier, what is the RC model?

Based on past threads, I’ll make a guess that you have a P3-4K (not a P3P) and that your RC is a GL358wB and you will need to connect via WiFi rather than a cable.

C2E0EC9A-6F74-46F0-9F86-A5B2CBCB5FE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like either you have the wrong RC for a P3P or maybe you don’t have a P3P. As has been asked earlier, what is the RC model?

Based on past threads, I’ll make a guess that you have a P3-4K (not a P3P) and that your RC is a GL358wB and you will need to connect via WiFi rather than a cable.

View attachment 118686

View attachment 118686
AWESOME! You are correct, he had the P34k. I never knew this existed. He also got it talking to the DJIGO app via Wifi. I never would have guessed the P3 could do that. Thank you so much!!

Reactions: Oso
AWESOME! You are correct, he had the P34k.Thank you so much!!
You're welcome. Glad you guys got it figured out.

Reactions: Jeff A
OSO, I would like to thank you for this most valuable tip and also to thank jimlips for his invaluable help in getting this ready for flight. I might have to fly it after dinner just to check it out.
Welcome to the forum Jeff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20