Need some help

Reaction score
I just received a Phantom 3 Standard and was all set for my first flight. I followed all the instructions and was about to take off when I lost internet connection from my iPhone to the controller. When I check my settings on my phone it sees the Phantom WiFi but says no internet connection. I tried also to connect with my Samsung phone but I get the same results. I tried doing the reset with Gimbal full clockwise and flicking S2 switch 3 or 4 times. All that does is make the power light flash red and green. Is there something else I should do?

As long as your phone is connected to the Phantom's Wifi, it doesn't matter about the no internet connection. (The internet part of Wifi lets you surf the web so you won't be needing it anyway.)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As long as your phone is connected to the Phantom's Wifi, it doesn't matter about the no internet connection. (The internet part of Wifi lets you surf the web so you won't be needing it anyway.)

Problem is it's not connecting. It did at first and I was able to move the camera from the controller but now nothing.

I just received a Phantom 3 Standard and was all set for my first flight. I followed all the instructions and was about to take off when I lost internet connection from my iPhone to the controller. When I check my settings on my phone it sees the Phantom WiFi but says no internet connection. I tried also to connect with my Samsung phone but I get the same results....

That's exactly what it's supposed to say. That's because the wifi coming from your AC is not an internet signal.

Its working like it should. You don't receive an internet connection from your bird?? You don't need one. Your problem is not reading the manual or doing enough research before your first flight. Good luck!

Its working like it should. You don't receive an internet connection from your bird?? You don't need one. Your problem is not reading the manual or doing enough research before your first flight. Good luck!
My problem is nothing is communicating with anything. RC to drone, rc to phone, drone to phone.

Have you followed through with the suggestion in post # 6 ? (Linking the bird and the controller.)

Yes I did, Still nothing. Spent well over an hour chatting with DJI tech support and unable to help. Then just got off the phone with Amazon, who I bought it through and sending it back for refund.

My problem is nothing is communicating with anything. RC to drone, rc to phone, drone to phone.

This thread is very confusing it started as "no internet connection"
Then switched to, Can't move the camera
"Problem is it's not connecting. It did at first and I was able to move the camera from the controller but now nothing."

Now it is
"My problem is nothing is communicating with anything. RC to drone, rc to phone, drone to phone."
I read this three times and I thought you meant.

My Problem is nothing.
It is communicating with everything. RC to drone, rc to phone, drone to phone.

Of coarse you posted before I finished, but it looks like your sending it back.

So putting it all together and seeing your last post. Without the Phantom even being turned on. Could you see the WiFi from your remote or connect to it with your mobile device?

I see everybody was posting help for your first question. ;)

Rod

This thread is very confusing it started as "no internet connection"
Then switched to, Can't move the camera
"Problem is it's not connecting. It did at first and I was able to move the camera from the controller but now nothing."

Now it is
"My problem is nothing is communicating with anything. RC to drone, rc to phone, drone to phone."
I read this three times and I thought you meant.

My Problem is nothing.
It is communicating with everything. RC to drone, rc to phone, drone to phone.

Of coarse you posted before I finished, but it looks like your sending it back.

So putting it all together and seeing your last post. Without the Phantom even being turned on. Could you see the WiFi from your remote or connect to it with your mobile device?

I see everybody was posting help for your first question. ;)

Rod
Correct me if I'm wrong. The rc needs to communicate with my mobile device. The rc has to communicate with the drone. The mobile device doesn't communicate with the drone, only the rc does. So I will need an internet connection between the mobile device and the rc to be able to use mobile device to see camera. Will the drone fly without mobile device and rc communicating? Rc and drone weren't communicating either. Tried 2 different mobile devices and neither worked. I'm guessing the problem is with the rc. Now another problem arises. If I send unit back to DJI for repair there is a chance they will charge me. (Drone is brand new, bought through Amazon) If I don't want them to repair there is a bench charge of $60 and I have to pay to have it shipped back to me. So it's in my best interest to send it back to Amazon for a full refund and purchase another one.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The rc needs to communicate with my mobile device. The rc has to communicate with the drone. The mobile device doesn't communicate with the drone, only the rc does. So I will need an internet connection between the mobile device and the rc to be able to use mobile device to see camera. Will the drone fly without mobile device and rc communicating? Rc and drone weren't communicating either. Tried 2 different mobile devices and neither worked. I'm guessing the problem is with the rc. Now another problem arises. If I send unit back to DJI for repair there is a chance they will charge me. (Drone is brand new, bought through Amazon) If I don't want them to repair there is a bench charge of $60 and I have to pay to have it shipped back to me. So it's in my best interest to send it back to Amazon for a full refund and purchase another one.

First impression, reading your replay.
Return it for a full refund.

Rod

Correct me if I'm wrong. The rc needs to communicate with my mobile device.
YES

The rc has to communicate with the drone.
YES

The mobile device doesn't communicate with the drone, only the rc does.
YES, I think but I'm not 100 %.

So I will need an internet connection between the mobile device and the rc to be able to use mobile device to see camera.
Start of confusing, internet connection no, WiFi connection yes.

Will the drone fly without mobile device and rc communicating?
YES

Rc and drone weren't communicating either. Tried 2 different mobile devices and neither worked. I'm guessing the problem is with the rc.
Mobile devices has no factor on linking RC to Drone (It can be done without the app)

Now another problem arises. If I send unit back to DJI for repair there is a chance they will charge me. (Drone is brand new, bought through Amazon) If I don't want them to repair there is a bench charge of $60 and I have to pay to have it shipped back to me. So it's in my best interest to send it back to Amazon for a full refund and purchase another one.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong....So I will need an internet connection between the mobile device and the rc to be able to use mobile device to see camera.
You mean wifi connection. Yes.
Will the drone fly without mobile device and rc communicating?...
Yes. You can leave the mobile device at home and still fly just fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31