Need some help: Remote controller signal weak.

Reaction score
I have been using my P34k for about 6 months now. Had a few small scale crashes during my learning curve. Replaced the ribbon cable, and other hard parts along the way. A few weeks ago she fell out of the sky. Granted, after alot of research on here I realize it was my fault for decending too fast at a lower battery level. Went into the "vortex ring", flipped over and headed straight for earth. I checked it over, replaced the battery and props and sent it back up in the sky.

Prior to this crash, I have had three instances where I have lost video downlink. The drone is still controllable, just as well as it is when I do have video feed. But the screen goes grey scale and I have no real-time video and no control over taking pictures or videos.

Friday I went to take pictures of a flood plain and I could not in any way get connected to the aircraft. Can not enter camera view. It says on the main dji app screen something like "connected to remote, please connect to aircraft" I have a red light on my controller by the battery indicator. If I force my way into camera view, it is a completely black screen with the status bar in the top displaying red with text reading "Radio Controller Signal Weak". In the attached video I am showing how I attempted to re-link.

I know there is a firmware or software upgrade availible, but I can not link the android device, remote and aircraft to send the the updates.

Is there any test I can do to determine where my issue is? Remote side or bird side? I have uninstalled the DJI app and reinstalled.

This is the video of me trying to re-link.

Due to not being able to update through the DJI app, I attempted to update the firmware through the SD card.

I downloaded the update .bin file to my phone, formatted my SD card and moved the update file onto the SD card. Placed in drone and turned drone on. It went through about 20 minutes of updating before the update totally failed. I tried about 4 more times and there was failure within the first 2 minutes. the log says to restart the drone and try again.

I am become frustrated.

Looks to me like you did substantial damage from crashing it.

Hi, I decided to replace the whole gimbal in a P3 SE and now I'm facing the same issue. The remote controller keeps beeping. How did you fix it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl