Need real help here fellow pilots

Reaction score
Ok I have posted on DJI forum and here as well, and I am running out of time and options. I fly the P3P. Since 2015. I've got several hundred hours of flying this bird without incident. I have been hired to fly around 250 acres several times this summer. (have had my 107 since 2016). I need to fly more or less the same pattern week in and out. I need to stitch my photos in order to count objects. I will be flying between 175-300 ft agl.

I tried DroneDeploy, and now GS Pro. Neither app will allow the bird to fly in the authorization zone (blue) and therefore will not fly the prescribed mission. DJI GO will take off and fly to my hearts content in the Blue Auth zones. But I need grid flights with overlap pics to build these maps.

I don't know where else to turn. The first of these flights takes place in 7 days. Can anyone offer solutions?

Thank you all.
Rich

Ok I have posted on DJI forum and here as well, and I am running out of time and options. I fly the P3P. Since 2015. I've got several hundred hours of flying this bird without incident. I have been hired to fly around 250 acres several times this summer. (have had my 107 since 2016). I need to fly more or less the same pattern week in and out. I need to stitch my photos in order to count objects. I will be flying between 175-300 ft agl.

I tried DroneDeploy, and now GS Pro. Neither app will allow the bird to fly in the authorization zone (blue) and therefore will not fly the prescribed mission. DJI GO will take off and fly to my hearts content in the Blue Auth zones. But I need grid flights with overlap pics to build these maps.

I don't know where else to turn. The first of these flights takes place in 7 days. Can anyone offer solutions?

Thank you all.
Rich
Have look at litchi app

Thank you all.
Rich
Have look at litchi app,,might let you fly

Reactions: Tricky
Thank you. I have litchi, I have flown with litchi, but maybe you know...does litchi allow you to take dynamic pics in flight. I really can't have the bird stop at every waypoint point to take a still image. I will need a sizeable number of pics. Stopping and starting might be an issue, also, does litchi know how to determine overlap of imagery...ie 60% overlap, 80% overlap? Because without that feature I am not sure it will work. I need the software to tell me what the distance between grids are...but THANK YOU for your quick reply...

I currently not have litchi installed so can't check for you but I'm sure it take pics in flight instead of stopping,not 100% sure on that so someone who uses litchi full time can add to this,,
Best of luck and hope you find something to help
Ian

Reactions: Tricky
1. This is tricky but you can use course lock. Set your photos to autoshoot every five seconds. Fly it right at 5mph, you control speed.

Once you’re done with a path used grid view in camera to set your overlap. Start your new path in opposite direction.

Did I mention this was tricky? But it works.

2. You might have to prefly the field and collect waypoints.

Disclaimer. I haven’t flown my phantom yet but have used above methods in a pinch on the Mavic.

3. Try map pilot.

I do a similar project documenting the progress of an archaeological site being excavated. I just use a waypoint mission on my P3S and Go app. Flies very consistently flight to flight. I shoot video, convert to stills, and stitch together. Of course, this is for imaging only, not some of the mapping features in Drone Deploy or others if that's what you're after.

The NFZ intervention comes from the firmware in the bird, not Litchi or DroneDeploy or GO4.

I think a rollback to AC-firmware version 1.8.80 will do the trick:

2016-06-13 (with battery)
All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.9.60
RC: 1.6.0
DJI GO app iOS version updated to v2.8.3
DJI GO app Android version updated to v2.8.1
What's new:
********************** Updated the Flight Restriction Zone database. ***************
* Fixed the Intelligent Flight Battery to prevent automatic restarting in cold environments.
Notes:
* Users are advised to update all Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware.

2016-04-07
AC: All-in One firmware version updated to: v1.8.80
RC: 1.6.0
What's new:
* Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
* Optimized gimbal parameters.
* Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode.
* Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.
Notes:
* The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060
* Both the aircraft and he remote controller must be downgraded or else they will NOT link.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4