Need help urgently - Gimball issue - camera turns downwards by 90 degrees and stays there

Reaction score
All,

Have been flying my P2V+ for a year now (got it gently used from a friend). had taken a break over the winter, and took out my aircraft now. started giving me a problem right away - when i turn on the aircraft, everything is OK. when i turn on the controller, the camera rotates downwards by 90 degrees. when i use the knob on the controller, it turns up but turns right back down when i release the knob. This strangely happened when I switched from Naza to Phantom mode (by mistake). Not quite sure what to do here. Please please help.

Subbu

I had a similar issue with mine, I recalibrated the controller and it sorted it, I can only assume the calibration of the know failed I don't know

I had a similar issue with mine, I recalibrated the controller and it sorted it, I can only assume the calibration of the know failed I don't know
i tried calibrating the controller yesterday. Will try doing it today again.

i tried calibrating the controller yesterday. Will try doing it today again.
In fact went ahead and used a spare controller i had, calibrated and rebound (rebinded??) that to the aircraft. When all done, then the camera tilts 90 degrees down again. any other thoughts?

Did you remember to calibrate the camera tilt button

Actually i did. Didnt work. But the good news is that finally i solved the problem.

There were a few issues that were causing this:

1. my controller somehow lost its binding to the aircraft
2. my laptop has this annoying tendency to not load up the DJI driver everytime i plug in a DJI device, so could never really calibrate the devices properly
3. also found out that my old controller had some issues (battery for 1 is dead, but doenst bind well with the aircraft)

here is what i did:

1. first i reinstalled the driver and assistants, but first enabled Win10 to accpt non-signed drivers (procedures for this here - DJI NAZA-M & Windows 10)
2. I made sure whenever i plug in a DJI device (RC or aircraft) i check "Device Manager >> Ports >> .." this should say DJI something if the driver has loaded properly ... i found that my laptop has this annoying tendency to not load the driver ... i need to load it manually everytime.
3. I rebound my controller to the aircraft and also range extender to camera.
3. i plugged in controller to the laptop and calibrated it
4. then plugged it aircraft and checked everything
5. then turned on controller and caibrated the camera dial.

I made sure never to plug in both controller and aircraft into the laptop at the same time, my laptop never seems to load up the driver for both at the same time ... one device at a time.

I realize that some of these steps might have been superfluous, but i was fed up with thinking through a solution ... i just wanted to follow all possible steps and make sure i checked all the boxes, albeit in a not very smart manner.

But anyway am smarter now about how these things work ... never had any of these problems in the last year.

So glad you sorted it, I went nuts trying to figure why the thing would only allow the camera to point down, I spent ages before I went back to basics,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31