New and Need MORE Help

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my P3A to start to work but only with help from members of the forum here. Especially RockyDog. Thanks for that.

After I got it to work I brought up the GO app and it said I needed firmware updates. So I started with the top one which was the RC update. It downloaded it and installed it and said all was good. So I started over with the whole process thinking that it would then show the firmware updates needed for the aircraft. Well, I turn on the RC and it goes through the initialization process and gives a few beeps and then I turn on the drone and it goes through it's own process and I finally end up with the two blinks green leds on the drone, which I believe says everything is good and it is ready to fly. Then I plug in my tablet (Samsung Tab S2 8") to the RC and the GO app pops up and I select the P3 Advanced and click on the "camera" box. Then a dark screen pops up (no picture from the camera now where there was a picture before the firmware update) and at the top in the center it says "disconnected". But on the left side of the screen I have the "takeoff" and "RTH" buttons. If I then press the "takeoff" button and then run the slider all the way to the right, an error immediately pops up saying "takeoff failed".

I can move the camera with the wheel but as I said, there is nothing on the screen where before I was seeing what the camera was seeing.

If I click on the "disconnected" at the top of the screen, it brings up the "Aircraft Status" screen. IMU-normal, Compass-normal, Radio Channel Quality-poor (I expect this because I'm setting in my basement with maybe 8 routers/APs/Security Cameras all putting out RF in the same area as the RC). It also says Flight Mode-N/A, Remote Controller Mode-N/A, Aircraft Battery-0%, Remote Controller Battery-0%, Aircraft Battery Temperature-0.0C

I'm sure this is something "newbie" related but I could use some help here.

TIA Harry

OK, one addition. I just turned off the P3A and brought up the GO app again and when I select P3 Advanced and click on "camera", it says the same things. Disconnected at the top and when I click on "takeoff" and slide the slider, it comes back with the same "takeoff failed". And yet I can move the camera around and the status leds on the drone are doing the two green blinks for status which tells me it is ready to fly. How can it be ready to fly if it's "disconnected" but I can still move the camera around??

Last edited:
Is there a update for the controller? (look in DJI go app) If so it has to be done through the app itself.

You must install the aircraft firmware before the remote controller. Downgrade the remote controller firmware like this and then reinstall the firmware by following these instructions exactly.

OK, I've finally narrowed it down a little more. If I put my original Galaxy Note 4 phone back in the mix, everything works fine. And also if I use a Google Nexus 6 phone it works fine. Something about the Galaxy Tab S2 that just isn't compatible. I tried turning the developer mode usb on and off and no change to the problem. What is really frustrating about this whole thing is the S2 worked fine after I learned I needed to turn the usb on. Then later after the firmware upgrade, it would no longer work. I'm going to do more phone/tablet testing to see if I can find the stability I need. I may end up just going to iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4