Need help rebuilding gimbal on drone

Reaction score
Hey guys , new here and new to flying drones.
My drone crashed the other day and I have damaged the gimbal .
I have read heaps of post here and manage to order all the parts I need , but after watching a video I realised I’m missing a small bearing which sits under gimbal base cover plate which is attached to the gimbal yaw .
I can’t find where to get this part and want to know how important this part is?

This video is pretty helpful:
As far as finding the bearing itself, eBay may be your friend. Perhaps some of the Yaw Arm repair kits may include it, or get a damaged camera for parts possibly.

Hey guys , new here and new to flying drones.
My drone crashed the other day and I have damaged the gimbal .
I have read heaps of post here and manage to order all the parts I need , but after watching a video I realised I’m missing a small bearing which sits under gimbal base cover plate which is attached to the gimbal yaw .
I can’t find where to get this part and want to know how important this part is?
I'm not familiar with the bearing or what it does but I would imagine that a good bearing suppliers or bicycle shop should be able to supply something similar. All you need to know is the dimension (or have a guess at it) and if you don't know it exactly then you might have to buy a few hopeful-looking ones and try them. As mentioned, there's here as well, of course bearings 3mm | eBay They're cheap enough, so buying a few different sizes won't cost you a lot.

This video is pretty helpful:
As far as finding the bearing itself, eBay may be your friend. Perhaps some of the Yaw Arm repair kits may include it, or get a damaged camera for parts possibly.

Yeh ryan this guy is good, any idea on how to contact him , maybe he can get parts.

Yeh ryan this guy is good, any idea on how to contact him , maybe he can get parts.
No, the only way I could think of to reach him would be to comment on his video. You may be able to measure the ID of the area in the cover the bearing goes in and the shaft that goes through it to determine the size, from there you could get just about any bearing as long as it matches those sizes.

You may also ask @Thunderdrones He specializes in repairs of DJI products and may have the part you need. His contact info is:
Rob Schwartz
Thunderdrones
2615 Landington Way
Duluth, Georgia 30096

Tel (678) 763-4427

Reactions: Former Member
I'm not familiar with the bearing or what it does but I would imagine that a good bearing suppliers or bicycle shop should be able to supply something similar. All you need to know is the dimension (or have a guess at it) and if you don't know it exactly then you might have to buy a few hopeful-looking ones and try them. As mentioned, there's here as well, of course bearings 3mm | eBay They're cheap enough, so buying a few different sizes won't cost you a lot.

Great suggestion STEVE , ordered a bearing off eBay and it’s a perfect fit , thanks mate

To any one that loses this small bearing on the gimbal under the base cover plate attached to the yaw arm . It’s a 4x9x4 bearing $6 off eBay
IMG_0785.jpg
IMG_0786.jpg

Reactions: Steve7777
To any one that loses this small bearing on the gimbal under the base cover plate attached to the yaw arm . It’s a 4x9x4 bearing $6 off eBay View attachment 99223View attachment 99224
It's always good to a success reported back for the future benefit of others, so thanks for that. For further reference for others, the bearing number, which is always stamped somewhere on it if you still have it, is 684ZZ bearing 4x9x4 | eBay

Glad I could help.... :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl