Need help on what to do with battery

Reaction score
I went to check my 3 batteries for my P4P+ today after about a month in storage. Even though I had 2 solid and 1 flashing LED on all three I put them on the charger to make sure that was true. One of them started flashing like normal indicating charging, but pretty quickly went to 2 and then 1 LED and then turned off completely and now isn't charging. Upon visual inspection I can see that the center 2 cells are puffed by looking through the side vents. What is the best course of action for this battery? Do I send it to a repair facility to get the cells replaced? Or is this not cost effective and I should just pitch it and get another? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bit unsure what to advise..both options cost money
These days I keep everything ready to go ,have lost 2 p4 batterys from storing and they go flat dead,,it seems even correct storage dont work either,no way to stop the discharge,so no storage for me ,these batterys not cheap and that just sux.

Thanks @ianzone for the reply! I am not against spending some money, and in the past I have actually had reasonable luck with DJI repair. I wonder how much they would charge to repair the battery compared to the cost of new. You're right, they are not cheap and this one is just over 3 years old, but all 3 of them are about the same age, all purchased within about a month of buying the quad new when the P4P+ V1 first came out. I guess I will see if anyone has any experience with this and decide later if I stick with just 2 batteries, or add a 3rd sometime later. Maybe I can catch them on somewhat of a sale in the future.

They are no longer in the warranty period huh?

Yeah I agree with the @ianzone above, even following correct storage procedures, you have to keep an eye they do not discharge flat on you.

Last edited:
Thanks @hansom-phantom! Yeah, I think just over 3 years is outside the warranty period by a good bit isn't it? The Rotor Logic price seems pretty good compared to others for new OEM batteries, so I will likely go through them if I decide to replace it. I'm still hoping someone has run into this, and perhaps had an authorized repair here in the US, so I can get an idea of if repair is feasible compared to replace. Again, thanks for the info!

Please, I need to ask a question about intelligent flight battery, is there any 10000mAH in the market?

Please, I need to ask a question about intelligent flight battery, is there any 10000mAH in the market?
Hi and welcome,

I assume that you're talking about lipo batteries generally. Yes, there are - a quick Google search found me this one.

I went to check my 3 batteries for my P4P+ today after about a month in storage. Even though I had 2 solid and 1 flashing LED on all three I put them on the charger to make sure that was true. One of them started flashing like normal indicating charging, but pretty quickly went to 2 and then 1 LED and then turned off completely and now isn't charging. Upon visual inspection I can see that the center 2 cells are puffed by looking through the side vents. What is the best course of action for this battery? Do I send it to a repair facility to get the cells replaced? Or is this not cost effective and I should just pitch it and get another? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi HTP - personally I would just get rid of it. I don't think I'd trust a referb and the risk of you P4P falling out of the sky isn't work it.

I too have 3 batteries for my P4, and created a chart with 3 columns, one for each battery. I put a check in the column each time I charge the battery, and rotate the batteries for use. This way each of the three get equal use, plus i can see how many times each one has been charged.

If you have a similar system, maybe you can put another battery in the quad and look in DJI Go4 at the battery health section and see how many times it's been charged. Check the third one too. That may give you an idea of how good the other ones are and how much life is left in them.

Also set the discharge time in DJI Go for each battery to maybe 2 or 3 days. It has to be done for each battery separately. That way a battery is never left charged for too long, and should automatically discharge to storage level in the time you set.

Just some ideas, and good luck flying.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi HTP - personally I would just get rid of it. I don't think I'd trust a referb and the risk of you P4P falling out of the sky isn't work it.

I too have 3 batteries for my P4, and created a chart with 3 columns, one for each battery. I put a check in the column each time I charge the battery, and rotate the batteries for use. This way each of the three get equal use, plus i can see how many times each one has been charged.

If you have a similar system, maybe you can put another battery in the quad and look in DJI Go4 at the battery health section and see how many times it's been charged. Check the third one too. That may give you an idea of how good the other ones are and how much life is left in them.

Also set the discharge time in DJI Go for each battery to maybe 2 or 3 days. It has to be done for each battery separately. That way a battery is never left charged for too long, and should automatically discharge to storage level in the time you set.

Just some ideas, and good luck flying.
Thanks @Roadking, I think I am just going to pitch it, I will need to survive with just 2 batteries I guess.

Reactions: Roadking

Not for DJI as 'Intelligent' ... but there are normal basic LiPo's of even bigger ...

DJI do not repair batterys ....

Its replace .... so called refurbs are where usually the board is replaced or a complete cell pack...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj