Need help for picking a drone

Thank you all for your thoughts. P3A it is. I will try to find best deal in Australia tomorrow and then make my order.
I am trying to find a package which comes with 2 batteries. That raises another question. Since i might need a third one are there reliable generic ones on the market?

From accessories i´m thinking to pick up filter set (ND/CPL) and some kind of car charger (yet again - are those 20 dollar ebay ones safe and reliable?)
Also i'm trying to source some cheap and simple case/bag just to store the gear and have with me in the car.

What else should i need ? (i already have Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablet)

I will be frank: I had the P4, returned it for the P3A because I thought it was the better deal, but ended up regretting it and selling the P3A for a P4, and here is why:

1) flight times - P4 is longer

2) stability- P4 is noticeably more stable

3) OA - all it takes is one mess up and your bird is done, OA gives some reassurance

4) 4K - I have a 4K TV and edit on my iPad.

5 and biggest reason) Stream quality - the video feed is SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER on the P4/P3P. 2mb bit rate looks really bad on bigger screens

1) well given the price difference i can have p3a with several batteries for the p4 price
3)oa is quite limited . have to wait p5 for actually useful system
4)i would never use 4k anyway

Got my eyes also on Typhoon H by Yuneec but the biggest drawback of this bird is that you can't actually buy it.

An update on my Kogan order if you're still interested. So the listed time of 1-2 days dispatch is apparently only for the extra battery, the P3A itself has a dispatch time of 1-2 weeks. So I should receive my battery tomorrow then have to wait another week or 2 before I get my bird :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One thought about 4k. I thought the same way: I'd never use it anyway and it will clog up my Mac's storage.

But I've given it some thought and am now doing all of my flying recording at 4k with my P3P and the reason is archiving. You may not have a need for 4k now, but years from now you may want to use some of the footage you've shot. Archiving is best done at the highest quality. 4k is the max today, but may be the minimum in a few years.

This becomes even more important as our accessible drone airspace shrinks. Storage is easily solved with external hard drives.

Another advantage to the P3P is the quicker charging times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl