Need help for picking a drone

Reaction score
Hey guys. Help me to choose a drone. I am in between choosing P3advanced and P4. Would use it for mostly stills and some HD video (do not need 4k actually) I am travelling around Australia and Asia so my laptop, storage and Internet for uploading 4K is not sufficient . Is P4 worth its price and is it easier to fly for someone who has never had a drone before with all its security features and extra sensors? As I ve read P3 series has better battery life in real world than P4. Is this true? Can I do most of the P4 stuff (circling around on objects etc.) with P3advanced plus Litchi app?

Hey guys. Help me to choose a drone. I am in between choosing P3advanced and P4. Would use it for mostly stills and some HD video (do not need 4k actually)
The P3 Advanced is the best value offering at the moment.
It has most of what the P4 would give at a much cheaper price.

Do I get it right that P3advanced and professionals only difference is 4K recording? Other than that it is the same?

Do I get it right that P3advanced and professionals only difference is 4K recording? Other than that it is the same?

For what you're looking for, the Advanced is a perfect fit. Correct, only key difference is the Professional has a max video bitrate at 60mbps while the Advanced is at 40mbps.

Reactions: liketogethigh
From a flying perspective, the big deal upgrade in the P4 is collision avoidance. It only works when flying forward though. In reality, flying backward would have been as much or really more helpful. Wish they would have provided it all around, but they didn't. All the automated stuff that you can do with apps like Litchi, Autopilot, etc. can be done with both. Like others have said, with the recent price drops on the P3, and watching out for deals at places like MicroCenter, you can score a P3A for half the cost of a P4, or pretty close to it.

Any ideas what's the best place to order P3a in Australia? I heard that everything ordered abroad over 1000aud was taxed so local seller would be better option.

Sorry, when you said traveling around Australia and Asia I guess I just assumed you were not there yet, and that you were in the US. My bad. I believe there are quite a few Aussies on the board, hopefully one of them will chime in.

I am originally from Estonia. Checked the prices back home out of curiosity. Well it's way better in Aus/us.

Thank you all for your thoughts. P3A it is. I will try to find best deal in Australia tomorrow and then make my order.
I am trying to find a package which comes with 2 batteries. That raises another question. Since i might need a third one are there reliable generic ones on the market?

From accessories i´m thinking to pick up filter set (ND/CPL) and some kind of car charger (yet again - are those 20 dollar ebay ones safe and reliable?)
Also i'm trying to source some cheap and simple case/bag just to store the gear and have with me in the car.

What else should i need ? (i already have Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablet)

I have Samsung's Galaxy Tab S 8.4. It's probably still the best display ever put on the tablet. Even its sucessor S2 has inferior display.

So anyone here who knows good deal on P3A in Australia at the moment ?

you could always try SLRHUT, ring them and tell them exactly what you want backpack/extra batteries/ fast delivery etc and as you've ordered extra they will pay import and tax duty, when you ring put in extension 314 and speak to James, I did and got a very good deal on my P3P with loads of extras, it arrived in the UK 3 days after order at no extra cost

So anyone here who knows good deal on P3A in Australia at the moment ?
I just ordered a P3 advanced from Kogan on Friday. They include a free extra battery and free shipping. They're an official DJI supplier too so shouldn't be grey import. I'll let you know how it all goes if you like

Actually i am about to place an order on kogan myself. Best deal i found. I am tired of looking.
Now i need to figure out which filter set to get (there's too many of them), get a cheap car charger from ebay , some kind of case and bag . It takes some online shopping to get into new hobby :)

I just ordered a P3 advanced from Kogan on Friday. They include a free extra battery and free shipping. They're an official DJI supplier too so shouldn't be grey import. I'll let you know how it all goes if you like
Btw did you went with that 1399 aud deal ? I was looking that one. (p3a with 2 batteries)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4