Need Advise - Best Option for FPV Goggles

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 and would like to make a purchase on a FPV Goggles that will help me fly much better among the trees in the mountains. I'm presently using an iPhone 6S and is a challenge to say the least. I have looked at the following:
FatShark Dominator HD3 FPV Goggles
Zeiss VR ONE FPV

Any other suggestions or advise? Thanks for your time.

Do you have HDMI module installed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought a $30 set of goggles from Shopko and downloaded DroneVR+ to my Samsung S5 for $10 from the Play Store. I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet but indoor testing seems to indicate it will work great when I take it outdoors. It's snowing now so maybe tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Eddy, I appreciate it.

I bought a $30 set of goggles from Shopko and downloaded DroneVR+ to my Samsung S5 for $10 from the Play Store. I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet but indoor testing seems to indicate it will work great when I take it outdoors. It's snowing now so maybe tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

I wonder if an iPad Mini would be a good option over the iPhone for being able to see greater details when flying in and around trees over the googles due to a larger field of view?

I wonder if an iPad Mini would be a good option over the iPhone for being able to see greater details when flying in and around trees over the googles due to a larger field of view?

You were talking about goggles. There are numerous higher detail options available if you don't want to use goggles, but I thought that's what this thread was about. I use an iPad Air 2 and have a very high detail view, when not in direct sunlight. There are plenty of threads about the best tablet to use.

Details depend on the device resolution and the source of media.

Headplay will get you 720p at 1/2 the cost of the FatShark HDs, and you can use your reading glasses under them. Usually. Be aware that you have to buy and add the DJI HDMI module for your transmitter no matter which of the two you decide on.

If you're using Litchi, you might consider one of the simple VR Box type goggles. You can get them for as low at $15 on Amazon and they work surprisingly well. It's cheap place to start if you want to see if goggle FPV flight is for you. Litchi + the goggles can be had for as little at $35.

Reactions: Pepe Goodman
I use an IPad Mini 4 which is great. However, as far as flying close to objects etc. it would really be nice to have the glasses. Even with the IPad Mini 4 one can't do that.

I will suggest you to try with Litchi solution first before jumping into expensive goggles. Everyone is not comfortable with goggles so try a economic solution first.

OK BigHammer
I have a Phantom 4 and would like to make a purchase on a FPV Goggles that will help me fly much better among the trees in the mountains. I'm presently using an iPhone 6S and is a challenge to say the least. I have looked at the following:
Zeiss VR ONE FPV

OK here it is. I finally got to fly a couple of times with the tzumi dream vision goggles ($30) and the droneVR+ app ($10) with my Samsung S5. I had to wear my reading glasses to get the focus right, but that's the price you pay for old eyes. You have to be very careful how everything is turned on in sequence to get the app to connect, but once you do the experience is amazing. The gimbal seems to be set to FPV rather than Follow, but you may be able to change that. The display includes a rolling scale for altitude and a grid showing the aircraft's attitude. Also included are battery level and distance. There is what seems to be a compass heading wheel that I didn't really pay much attention to, but may prove valuable. The display is crystal clear. I see little need for any of the expensive gear.

Great information in here, I already have litchi so I'm definitely going to be grabbing a pair of goggles soon to see if this type of setup works for me.

I will suggest you to try with Litchi solution first before jumping into expensive goggles. Everyone is not comfortable with goggles so try a economic solution first.

Good idea. That's what I did. Just got my HooDoo and only played with it indoors..freezing out. Work with Litchi, iPhone 7+ including case, adjustable for vision and fit comfortably with glasses. Under 30.00 Cdn. Can't ask for more than that. Now, hopefully a nice day to test in the field.

Good idea. That's what I did. Just got my HooDoo and only played with it indoors..freezing out. Work with Litchi, iPhone 7+ including case, adjustable for vision and fit comfortably with glasses. Under 30.00 Cdn. Can't ask for more than that. Now, hopefully a nice day to test in the field.

Best wishes.

Zeiss VR ONE FPV

You will need to get the HDMI module for the RC P4 and imho the very best goggles are the Avegant Glyph with which you can not only FPV but have LOS and look / control your RC whilst STILL being able to FPV
Your Personal Theater | Avegant Glyph

John

Just got the new HD3's and was not that impressed honestly... but they are the first goggles i have ever tried and did not know what to expect.. honestly I would almost rather keep using my ipad and just throw towel over my head like the old fashion cameras.

Just got the new HD3's and was not that impressed honestly... but they are the first goggles i have ever tried and did not know what to expect.. honestly I would almost rather keep using my ipad and just throw towel over my head like the old fashion cameras.

Yep, Thats what I thought when I used my Headplay and why I like the Glyph so much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic