NE FLORIDA Jax / St. Augustine

I'm from Middleburg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just droned the abandoned warehouse out in Green Cove Springs

Took this Friday (14th). There's a lot more low flying in this one than my previous videos.

It's a beautiful park to have a picnic in or just walk around. The pool area is still under construction but I'm excited for it to get completed. The natural spring flows down into the pool and then the pool flows into the creek...and then the creek flows into the St. John's River (that's why all the algae where it dumps out). The pool is chemical free and just have to be brushed for algae...but you will leave smelling like sulfur.

Edited with Filmora
Phantom 4 pro
Litchi WayPoint pre planned.
DJI 4 Go for the manual flying.

Good Morning from Clay County
c760013330d624f10c33b05867c3acd8.jpg

Hi Frank, welcome. Any videos you've shot locally?

Hey everyone, I just finished my video for Camp Chowenwaw, out in Green Cove Springs. At this camp you can rent treehouses to camp in, which is what they're known for. In an effort to get my viewer retention on youtube up, I added text commentary to the video to keep the viewer engaged longer rather than getting board and dropping after 1 minute. What do you think? Any advice? Any spots in the video where you start drifting off and feel like you want it to end? If so, any suggestions?

Hello...I'm in St. Augustine. I have a cheap drone I'm learning with, and trying to decide on my 'real drone', between the P4P and Mavic. I'm strongly leaning toward the P4P. (I know, why not both? ;))

I'd love to get to know some folks. ATM I'd just be a tag along, as my drone would likely get lost quickly for now.

Not sure if anyone cares for a tag-a-long, but if so, I'd like to hear from you.

What has you leaning toward the P4P vice the Mavic (just curious)? Have you considered a P4A?

The p4a has no backward tap to fly, no 5.8ghz, and no side or back sensors. Given me being a novice, I'm thinking the extra sensors would be good to have (albeit only in a couple modes do they even work). The 5.8 ghz seems like it would be worth a strong consideration.

That being said, it's tempting to get the P4A+ which would have the built in screen...and be around the same price as the P4P.

Decision is TBD. Hopefully I'll meet some folks and do some tag-a-long and see how it's working for them to help my decision process.

The p4a has no backward tap to fly, no 5.8ghz, and no side or back sensors. Given me being a novice, I'm thinking the extra sensors would be good to have (albeit only in a couple modes do they even work). The 5.8 ghz seems like it would be worth a strong consideration.

That being said, it's tempting to get the P4A+ which would have the built in screen...and be around the same price as the P4P.

Decision is TBD. Hopefully I'll meet some folks and do some tag-a-long and see how it's working for them to help my decision process.
Ah. I don't have a P4P or the Plus model P4A so I wouldn't be much help anyhow!

Ah. I don't have a P4P or the Plus model P4A so I wouldn't be much help anyhow!
I just realized you also asked why I was leaning to the P4P vs the Mavic.

I'm leaning there mostly because of the improved camera. If the Mavic had the better camera, I suspect I go with the Mavic. Too bad you can't just change it out.

I just realized you also asked why I was leaning to the P4P vs the Mavic.

I'm leaning there mostly because of the improved camera. If the Mavic had the better camera, I suspect I go with the Mavic. Too bad you can't just change it out.
The camera on the P4P/P4A is awesome. I think you'll be pretty happy with the results.

Of to, like several posts here. (Send I may be the only one St. Augustine.)

Just an FYI...I recently purchased a Mavic refurb and am enjoying it.

Been unsuccessfully looking for other drone flyers down here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.