ND16 filter has red pinkish tint. Is this normal?

Reaction score
I just received my ND16 which I bought from eBay and realized that it has a red pinkish tint on the image quality. The seller informed that it is normal however I highly doubt it. What do you guys think? I will attach a photo. Any help will be appreciated.
UT8vyMIXrdbXXagOFbXV.jpg

What exactly did you buy?

Just a generic nobrand ND16 filter. It looks something like this.

Attachments

• HTB1g5BGMFXXXXXnXVXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg
    HTB1g5BGMFXXXXXnXVXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 364
None of my filters look pink. It could be normal for the filter you purchased though. It's hard to say without knowing more about it.

FYI, I compared many of the commonly used filters here. You should have a good experience if you use one of those.

Reactions: MacBuster
None of my filters look pink. It could be normal for the filter you purchased though. It's hard to say without knowing more about it.

FYI, I compared many of the commonly used filters here. You should have a good experience if you use one of those.

Thank you so much for the detailed comparison post. I think I am going to return mine and get a refund.

What is the best to buy ? good multicoat ND filter or polarized ND filter ? I m asking becouse I have ssen that there are 2 kinds of ND filters.. The polarizered and non-polarized... If you are going to do color grading in post which category to select ?

I personally use PolarPro filters. Their customer service is great, and they will answer your questions quickly. Contact Jeff or Dan at PolarProFilters.com for any info.

And NO, I am not affiliated with, nor work for PolarPro. Just a satisfied customer using their products.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MacBuster
I personally use PolarPro filters. Their customer service is great, and they will answer your questions quickly. Contact Jeff or Dan at PolarProFilters.com for any info.

And NO, I am not affiliated with, nor work for PolarPro. Just a satisfied customer using their products.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94