ND Filters - Polar Pro or Taco RC

Received my tacos today - 4 nd 8 16 & 32nd. Quality seems good, nice fitting threads & they're marked on the bezel which grade the filter is (unlike the earlier shipped ones)

I've put the 16nd to have a fly around in the bright sunny weather tomorrow - will report back.

Also taco shipped a complimentary lens cap/ gimble clamp thing - which is nice:)

My Tacos were on my desk when I got back to work this morning. Zero markings on them. Very light in my hand - maybe lighter than stock UV filter. I will try them out tonight, hopefully.

I got my TACO ND's the other day and had a small weather window to test them out - through one battery. I was in such a rush to beat storms that I forgot to slide in my SD card.
But the on-screen display (I have retina quality) showed much promise with what I assume was the ND8. I dont like that they are not labelled and

I used the first release of the PolarPro filters, and was very disappointed that I could not thread them up.

I also tried the PhantomFilters 4 pack .... and while I was drawn by the nearly zero weight, handling proved to be far too cumbersome.

But the quality of the PolarPro products is by far best of the lot in my view. And the new lighter-weight models, if they in fact add only 1.2 grams, will undoubtedly be where I will finally settle.

I am interested in hearing about the new PolarPro filter threading ...
Sorry, what do you mean by them being 'far too cumbersome'? Surely if they are very light they shouldn't be at all cumbersome? Keen to know as I've just ordered a five set from PhantomFilters.

Cheers,
Rob

Sorry, what do you mean by them being 'far too cumbersome'? Surely if they are very light they shouldn't be at all cumbersome? Keen to know as I've just ordered a five set from PhantomFilters.

Cheers,
Rob
The very thin and flexible design makes them difficult to handle, especially when changing them out - as mine tended to stick inside the lens cap.
A quick change out was impossible, and I always got fingerprints on them.

Reactions: acherman
Got my taco set today, all ND values printed on them, nice case to keep them in and a free lens cap/gimbal clamp. Think I made the right choice [emoji106].

Zip up [emoji106]

Thanks a lot :)

By the way, there should not be 'a divot'. If that is the case, I will be happy to send you a new set at no cost.

View attachment 26085

I purchased a set of Phantom filters from you I also had an issue with the filters curling creating distortion
on my Video,also 2 of my filters had the "Divot" I emailed you 3 times Without reply!!
I even contacted you through your own website without reply.

So I took it to Paypal and tried to contact you through them, again NO RESPONSE
so Paypal after a period of time refunded me, some may say I got them for nothing but no as I cannot use them
Disappointing to say the least as the lightweight design was what appealed to me.

I found your customer aftercare to be Atrocious failing to even answer my question, So I am going to go with the TACO
set I suppose you get what you pay for!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl