Nd filter recommendations

Reaction score
Greetings everyone and happy new year.
I am the owner of a new phantom 4P and i am considering buying a set of nd filters from polarpro.
I would like some opinions about what type of filter would be better.
I am currently leaning towards PP shutter collection ND.
I have also read in some articles that CP wont do any good since the camera and aircraft is constantly changing angles.
Any recommendations or tips please?

Also as an extra, any recommendations about a decent protective backpack for the p4p?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Nobody is shipping filters yet, so it is hard to come with excellent advise here. Myself, I plan to stick to exclusively one filter (ND8) due to the variable aperture - I will no longer land to change filter for a single-stop change of light (as I had to with the P4). Please note that others will definitely disagree with me here.

A side-note is that in general, polarizing filters are not a good match with wide-angle lenses but it should be able to cut some glare so it might have its usage.

For backpacks, this is even more subjective and depends on your intended usage / acceptable price-range. My advise here regardless is to stay away from the "Phantom Series - Multifunctional Backpack", which is (subjectively) a horrible backback which should have been 1/3 of the price (I sold mine with my P4).

I am very happy with the Phantom Backpack (sold by dji and made by Manfrotto). Had it been easier to bring as hand luggage, I would have gone for a Manfrotto D1, so again this depends on intended usage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl