NAZA M V2 No Green LED?

Reaction score
So I got a new F550 DIY Kit all is assembled and flying however I never get a green LED from the system on the LED module? GPS Mode works, Atti Mode works but when I switch them I do not go from amber to green I go from red to nothing. I have preformed the IMU Cal, software update I am out of ideas.

I contacted Atlanta Hobby and they are saying send the entire NAZA back we need to see it to verify you are not a tool, I do not want the down time from flying. :-(

Any suggestions before I do a tear down?

The NAZA LED unit has two emitters on it, one green and one red. If the green one fails, you won't see any green or yellow flashes, only red. Do you ever see either color (green or yellow) at any time after the battery is connected?

I see RED only.

The (orange/yellow/amber) is created with both emitters turning on correct and the green will just the green emitter?

I am frustrated they will not just send me a new LED module as I am almost positive that is the issue.

+1. And of you hook up the USB, does the led flicker green?

It might be helpful if you could video and upload the boot up and idle sequences of the LEDs so we can see what you are talking about.

I agree, if you still see no green LED when the module is connected to your PC via USB, it's probably just that part that's bad (assuming you have it seated firmly in the port on the NAZA). It's only $10 to get a new one if you decide that's easier than dealing with a return, etc.

OH.... 10 bucks. I will just order one in that case. Check out the video and let me know what you think

Green is signaled by pin 2 on the LED port on Naza. It's TTL but changes to serial data when USB is plugged in, so if your assistant works, the fault is not in the Naza. Assistant connects fine, correct?

If so, I'm inclined to agree with OI, it sounds like your green emitter on the led module is busted. Maybe send the video to AH and see if they still think you plugged the LED into a prop :)

Wow!! Worried about down time versus falling from the sky. Let's rethink that. LOL!! I'd buy a second LED module just to have as a spare. Are those sold separately? ?

Now Fangs I would never risk people or my equipment. I do have the spare on order. Once received I am going to send the fault unit to AH for replacement. I also have just been doing test flights with the new rig, red works so I have the low voltage and loss of satellite indications.

Thanks for your concerns I would never endanger anyone or anything. With as volatile as our hobby is I would not risk it with something this simple.

You can by them separately 10 bucks on amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers