NAZA -M software

Reaction score
My Phantom 1 has been dormant in the case for 5 years. I charged the batteries and calibrated the compass. Green light changes to flashing red after take off so I land. Downloaded NAZA-M software on new computer, Power up and connect the bird via USB and I hear the “connect” sound but NAZA-M isn’t showing any numbers. I remember that it used to connect on my old computer so this is very frustrating! Please help. Jerry

My Phantom 1 has been dormant in the case for 5 years. I charged the batteries and calibrated the compass. Green light changes to flashing red after take off so I land. Downloaded NAZA-M software on new computer, Power up and connect the bird via USB and I hear the “connect” sound but NAZA-M isn’t showing any numbers. I remember that it used to connect on my old computer so this is very frustrating! Please help. Jerry

Chances are the software was written for windows XP and wont work on the newer 7 and 10

Which Operating System are you using? As crash1sttime eluded to, you may be dealing with an OS incompatibility issue. BUT...I'm pretty sure the NAZA software will run on Windows 7. So if you're on Windows 10, that might be the problem. For issues of this type, I often use VMware to create a virtual environment for legacy software. For instance, on my video editing machine, which runs Windows 7 Professional, I have Window 7 Home Basic installed in a virtual environment for testing purposes.
1592682280043.png

For practical use, I have a Windows XP Virtual Machine installed on my home computer so that I can continue to use a very old flatbed scanner that I really like. I did the same thing for my girlfriend's machine for the same reason. She has a MicroTek Scanner 4850 she loves. So any time she wants to scan stuff, she just opens her Windows XP Virtual Machine and is ready to go.

Worth noting:

* Microsoft has their own XP Virtual Machine that works in Win 7, but not Win 10.
* MS does NOT have a VM for Windows 10. The workaround is to use VMware.
* VMware requires that you have a valid COA for whichever OS you're installing. Conversely, the MS version populates the COA automatically. For this reason, the MS version tends to be my first choice.
* Your CPU must support "Chip Virtualization" for these VM's to work.
* Most machines support Chip Virtualization.
* You activate Chip Virtualization in the BIOS, which I believe is disabled by default.

Good luck.

D

Last edited:
I have an old laptop that runs Windows 7. I’ll try to dust that off and see it will communicate with the aged Phantom! Stay tuned!

Reactions: Harleydude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31