Naza M FW 4.00 released

ArshadR said:
nabilriaz said:
The Editor said:
As we have come to expect from DJI now....... IT DOESN'T WORK !

The link in the assist 2.18 software still points to v3.16 firmware (as usual)

Do they ever learn?

if you want to bash DJI, why are you in "Phantompilot" forum. Phantom is DJI product, DJI is leader and you have to accept it

Are you kidding me? DJI is a leader and we have to accept it? Do you work for DJI or something?

We've all paid our hard-earned money for their product. If there are problems with it, we absolutely have every right to complain and ***** and hopefully come up with resolutions from our collective experience since support from DJI seems to be largely non-existant.

Yup - He's a dealer with a vested interest in selling DJI products! However it appears he himself has berated DJI - check here (third post down) http://www.phantompilots.com/search.php?author_id=327&sr=posts so it appears he hasn't just "Accepted" they are simply the best....better than all the rest (Like Tina Turner).

And you can bet your backside that if I buy something and it is not fit for purpose then I will complain to the rooftops about it until something gets done.

Hello all. New member, first post. Goodies for those caught up in the Naza upgrade nightmare. I had to scour the net for a while to get these, this link will take you to an archive of previous versions of DJI soft/firmware. Hope this is usefull.

http://ge.tt/7MIx83s

Well I managed to borrow a PC laptop, so that I could update the firmware to v4.0, which would then allow me to install the BTU with the Naza-M V2 PMU.

I followed Halfpipe's instructions and all seemed to be going well, I updated the firmware, restored defaults, imported the configuration parameters and then did an advanced calibration. However I kept getting an Error 27, GPS not calibrated, which I managed to solve with the compas calibration outside. However, as you have to power down and power up the controller several times, it kept telling me to update the firmware to v4.0, which I had done and the process had confirm the update was successful!

As I got this message, I thought I'd best redo it all over again, but again, after the power down and power back up, it's saying the v4.0 is the latest update!

This question is obviously for those that have done the update, did your update show the same after you had done your update and does it mean its not updated, or is it ok and the firmware is ok now? Don't want to go and test fly it until I'm sure it was done correctly!

Below are some screen shots.

76e565639767162ef3355f4a603dfcbd.jpg

8beacd187976f6011aad557adb0ba087.jpg

78caa5c145dde6cfe2bf2f8c93f66d00.jpg

aa66a89a1e503b45e8dcd886505d71f9.jpg

01a173c2eefe171db449cdcb34365148.jpg

Installed update to 4.0 with no problems.

Did advanced calibration, took Phantom outside and it said it needed a compass calibration.

Did compass dance and flew for a minute in gps mode. Phantom seemed wobbly so I did another compass dance, this time I powered off after dance.

Got my 20 green blinks and the Phantom then flew fine.

I think the Firmware even makes the Phantom sound meaner !
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVOx1ORgoU[/youtube]

Shedracer said:
it kept telling me to update the firmware to v4.0, which I had done and the process had confirm the update was successful!

As I got this message, I thought I'd best redo it all over again, but again, after the power down and power back up, it's saying the v4.0 is the latest update!

This question is obviously for those that have done the update, did your update show the same after you had done your update and does it mean its not updated, or is it ok and the firmware is ok now? Don't want to go and test fly it until I'm sure it was done correctly!

I am pretty sure that update message keeps popping up each start and has done so in pretty much every version of NAZA assistant for me. I am so used to ignoring it that I cant even remember if it ever goes away or not. :mrgreen:

If you check this screen it will show you the version you are currently on.

4nr1.jpg

Also after any advanced calibration you always need to do the compass dance this will be the same after a firmware upgrade as you should do all calibrations prior to the next flight with a new firmware.

Thanks for your replies.
I disconnected it from the PC, rebooted the PC and reconnected it back, sorted. The firmware now is 4.0 and its not trying to update anymore. Just got to get out and test fly it, but it's raining, will have to wait until tomorrow. I guess I'll crack on and install the Naza-M V2 PMU and the BTU now.

Fdnyfish said:
Installed update to 4.0 with no problems.

Did advanced calibration, took Phantom outside and it said it needed a compass calibration.

Did compass dance and flew for a minute in gps mode. Phantom seemed wobbly so I did another compass dance, this time I powered off after dance.

Got my 20 green blinks and the Phantom then flew fine.

I think the Firmware even makes the Phantom sound meaner !
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVOx1ORgoU[/youtube]

I Love it. Sounds just like a UH1 Huey. Did FlyTrex do that as well?

Thanks,
Mike

loowolf said:
I don't know if this has come up here before, I just found it.

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2013/07/23 ... en-square/

Thats been there for a while, the good thing about it is that its one place you wont need to look for it in case of a flyaway. That is unless someone screwed up and messed up the code sending all phantoms to Tianamen square instead. Has anyone been there recently and noticed a rather odd buildup of phantoms by any chance. ;)

martcerv said:
Thats been there for a while, the good thing about it is that its one place you wont need to look for it in case of a flyaway. That is unless someone screwed up and messed up the code sending all phantoms to Tianamen square instead. Has anyone been there recently and noticed a rather odd buildup of phantoms by any chance. ;)

Was literally just there 10 days ago. No Phantoms. I bet they all drop out of the air 15kms before they get there. :)

WTF. Can't get it out of red yellow flash after upgrade. Ant ideas? Last update was easier for me.

rampage42 said:
WTF. Can't get it out of red yellow flash after upgrade. Ant ideas? Last update was easier for me.

I had this, I was upgrading from 3.12 - took mine outside, toggled the gps atti switch a few times to get it into compass calibration mode, did the 2 orientation rotations - power cycled, then repowered and it found satellites and got the multiple green flashes. After that, all was OK, but I went back inside and did an advanced calibration and then a further compass calibration.

Flys fine

u4na said:
rampage42 said:

I had this, I was upgrading from 3.12 - took mine outside, toggled the gps atti switch a few times to get it into compass calibration mode, did the 2 orientation rotations - power cycled, then repowered and it found satellites and got the multiple green flashes. After that, all was OK, but I went back inside and did an advanced calibration and then a further compass calibration.

U4NA, thanks, made go after it again.
So after 3 hours and complete failure, I went back to old version.
I would suggest the following:
Get GPS and fly in your current software.
THEN upgrade, do an advanced calibrate.
I did not import the parameters the second time.
Go outside, do the GPS dance. The horizontal, went fine, the vertical took about 30 rotations before I got the green flashing light.
Don't give up.
Connected again and enabled IOC and set up my gimbal.
Seems to fly fine.
2:00 am in California, works and going to bed!
U4NA, thanks for the motivation, I was done screwing with it.
As for DJI, GET YOUR PROGRAM TOGETHER!! This is STUPID we all have this many problems.
Remember, if you don't take care of you customers, someone else will!! You are not the only game in town.
I have the Arris gimbal V.4, and Nancy from Hobby Wing is on the forum all the time helping out.
Has DJI ever been on here? The clue phone is ringing Colin!! Participat!! :evil: :evil:
Off my soap box..
Good luck to you all.

rampage42 said:
U4NA, thanks for the motivation, I was done screwing with it.

No problem. Glad you got it sorted.

Have a sleep, forget the problems, and hopefully get some enjoyable air time soon

It's sunny here in Scotland so I'm hoping to do just that today :)

rampage42 said:

Red yellow flash means compass needs calibration, where you not able to do the compass dance?

I had 6 flights today with the new firmware all with no issues, I set my limits to 1km radius and 200m alti which are well inside what I fly anyway. Nearly killed the phantom on the last flight though flying full speed pretty low and a tree came out of nowhere, I honestly have no idea how I didn't hit it but went through the v of this leafless tree at full speed, in the video the gap looks smaller then a phantom :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31