Naza Assistant doesn't detect Phantom

Reaction score
Any tips on this appreciated! I installed the driver (twice) and software per instrucitions and video, but the software does not detect the quad via usb. Using windows 7.

Any tips on this appreciated! I installed the driver (twice) and software per instrucitions and video, but the software does not detect the quad via usb. Using windows 7.
Usually it's not realising you need the driver but you have that covered.
Presume you are powering the quad (just checking!)
And have the correct version of assistant from P1 downloads page.
Otherwise open her up I guess.

Do you hear any USB sounds from the computer when you plug the USB cable in?

Hello upandaway, WeLcOmE to the forum.

I've tried to use a USB cable that did not come with my bird. It didn't work for me on Windows 7.

The only way for my computer to see my bird is to use the original USB cable which came in the box.

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure the usb is plugged in to the naza controller, because the led turns green and the computer makes the right sound for a usb device plugging in. I uninstalled the Naza assistant and Drivers and re-downloaded from dji and re-installed. I'm using the original usb cable. Still no dice. I guess I will pop the hood, and see if anything obvious.

I've already been flying a few times without hooking up to the naza assistant and it works great, but would sure like to enable the RTH and IOC features.

Maybe if you open the NAZA assistant before plugging in... I'm shooting in the dark now.

Follow instructions to the T and in the proper order is what I'm thinking.

How about trying to hook up to a friends computer?
There's a buncha stuff in the assistant which can be very helpful and informative.

FYI:
I've had great luck connecting to a laptop in the middle of a field and less luck connecting in my living room. It's not the machine though, it's the proximity to interference. Household electrical current causes interference in more ways than I know, and I know a few.
Another FYI, if CityZen says anything, listen very closely.

Maybe if you open the NAZA assistant before plugging in... I'm shooting in the dark now.

Follow instructions to the T and in the proper order is what I'm thinking.

How about trying to hook up to a friends computer?
There's a buncha stuff in the assistant which can be very helpful and informative.

FYI:
I've had great luck connecting to a laptop in the middle of a field and less luck connecting in my living room. It's not the machine though, it's the proximity to interference. Household electrical current causes interference in more ways than I know, and I know a few.
Another FYI, if CityZen says anything, listen very closely.

Good ideas. I'm going to try with my GF's laptop as she's running Vista rather than 7 and see how that goes.

Good ideas. I'm going to try with my GF's laptop as she's running Vista rather than 7 and see how that goes.

Well that's an idea, but EEEK... Vista, I didn't know it was still working.
Please do keep us posted and thanks for the reply.
I will try to follow up.

Well that's an idea, but EEEK... Vista, I didn't know it was still working.
Please do keep us posted and thanks for the reply.
I will try to follow up.

Turns out it was my PC, not the Phantom. Worked out fine with the GF's computer, though it seemed like Vista took forever to load the driver. Thanks for the responses, and happy flying!

Reactions: IflyinWY
Yeah, we got another winner. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.