NASA Flies A Large Drone Solo In Public Airspace

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
While this is a little bit larger than our "Phantom/Mavic" class sUAS this is an example of why we need to know AVIATION rules & regulations because someday, some of us, might need to know how to fly WITH manned aircraft.

I stress this is a bit larger and more complex than our Phantoms but it demonstrates that "Drones/sUAS" are more than just quadrotors by DJI.

NASA has flown a large, remotely piloted aircraft equipped with detect-and-avoid technologies through the national airspace system for the first time without a safety chase plane following it.

NASA says Tuesday’s flight over California moves the U.S. closer to normalizing unmanned aircraft operations in airspace used by commercial and private pilots. (click link below for FULL story and pics)

NASA Flies A Large Drone Solo In Public Airspace - Aviation Buzzword

I guess that we also need to brush up on international space treaties in case we suddenly find ourselves at the helm of a Saturn V as well.

Does that mean I need to watch “Close encounters of the third kind”?

I like the secondary article about the proposed 19 million dollar civil penalty for unauthorized aerial photography being sought by the FAA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers