My vision plus is not stable

Reaction score
Hello,
Just got me vision plus two days ago and I used to have the old vision before. Comparing the vision plus with the old vision, I found that my vision plus is not as stable as the old vision. By saying not stable I mean the plus does not hover on the same place after calibration as the old vision did. for example, I did my third flight today with the plus, after calibration, I raised it to around 90 ft then It started to go up steadily to around 120 ft and turned right without pressing anything on the controller :shock: .
I am 100% sure that If I fly it to 200 ft it will definitely fly away :!: :?: :cry:
I am wondering if there is something wrong with the calibration or I do need to do something different for this new vision.
Also, anyone have any idea what is the need for the S2 in the controller and do we have to keep it all the way up, down or in the middle. The same thing for the S1, do we have to keep it up, down, or in the middle after the calibration.

Thank you all and please excuse my english because it is not my first language :shock:

You could try an advanced IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface. That fixed a similar condition for my P2V. I didn't have the issue with the P2V+. Sometimes I think the IMU is just a bit off.

However, it may also simply be a difference in GPS satellite reception. I find that the more GPS sats it locks into, the more stable it can hold its position. And GPS reception can be pretty random, so maybe you've just been unlucky with the P2V+ so far.

yalashban said:
Hello,

Also, anyone have any idea what is the need for the S2 in the controller and do we have to keep it all the way up, down or in the middle. The same thing for the S1, do we have to keep it up, down, or in the middle after the calibration.

Thank you all and please excuse my english because it is not my first language :shock:

The Vision+ has two modes, the Phantom mode and the Naza-M mode. By default it's in Phantom mode (or whatever DJI calls it).
In this mode the S2 switch is not activated. The S1 switch has two settings. Up is GPS mode, and the middle and bottom positions are ATT (both the same).

If you switch to Naza-M mode, using the DJI Assistant software, the S1 switch becomes programmable. I have mine set as top to bottom, GPS, ATTI, and FailSafe.

The S2 switch operates IOC, which needs to be activated also using the DJI Assistant software. Top position is off, middle is Course Lock, and bottom is Home Lock.

This is the way I have mine set up. There may be other options, and maybe others on the forum can chime in to give some additional info.

Yeah I am betting you had s1 in the middle or bottom position. Make sure the s1 is in the up position when flying in phantom mode for now. It should be stable like that. Test the stability at low elevation like 10-15 ft. I apologize if you already know the basics.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31