My Vision Crashed out of sky during GS test for no reason

Reaction score
When I was testing the new feature of ground station with my vision and vision plus at the same time, the vision fall out of sky suddenly for no reason. Here is the video from my head camera. Please leave your judgement here. Thanks. Things like this never happened before and never heard before !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=046n1JBHoyU

Re: My Vision Crashed out of sky during GS test for no reaso

Ignoring the video momentarily, how were you testing both the Vision and the Vision + at the same time? You didn't have two controller transmitters active at the same time did you?

slothead said:
Ignoring the video momentarily, how were you testing both the Vision and the Vision + at the same time? You didn't have two controller transmitters active at the same time did you?

That should not be an issue. I have flown numerous times with at least three other Visions/Vision+ in the air with me. Never had an issue. These are spread spectrum devices less prone to RF interference than older single channel narrow band transmitters.

slothead said:

Tom that shouldn't matter. They are digitally keyed to their respective receivers, and operating multiple aircraft should work fine.

Dirty Bird said:
slothead said:

Tom that shouldn't matter. They are digitally keyed to their respective receivers, and operating multiple aircraft should work fine.

And in fact it does works fine.

Attachments

• OCMA-P2V.jpg
    OCMA-P2V.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 1,051

Yali,

I just watched your video. The bird that crashed was the PV2, NOT the PV2+. From what I've read, the new waypoint app is only designed for the PV2+

Nevermind, I guess I was mistaken and the app is supposed to work for the PV2 as well.

Sorry about that and your crash.

I'm a little confused... What was the point of the exercise by using 2 at the same time? You left them both hovering for quite some time, perhaps a result of VRS? But the way it fel straight down I couldn't tell if it was under power or not. Maybe the motors stopped?

sorry about your crash very decent of you to put it up for us to see. The fact that the Phantom worked perfectly has to be a credit to its strength and robustness. Any of the answers already civen could be true.

It looked like you pressed the camera gyro control button just before it fell; do you think that may have somehow taken it out of GS control, maybe a software fault?

I checked its power right after its fall and power and battery works OK and I even did a test flight right after the fall without camera. It doesn't seem to be power problem. I fell it might be one of the damper got loose and throw off the balance of the vision.
But from the way it fell, it seems it did lose power! But it never happened before, and after, how come? This really confused me!

AHill said:
It looked like you pressed the camera gyro control button just before it fell; do you think that may have somehow taken it out of GS control, maybe a software fault?
I was doing that on iPhone, which is linked to vision plus. It should be irrelevant to the crash

My P2V did the same 2 weeks ago but DJI won't warranty because I had a third party gimbal (rotorpixel) attached and they say that voids my warranty. POS's at DJI!

I put on my best headphones and turned up all the sound that I could and I honestly believe your PV2 had a powerfailure. You can faintly hear a buzz that quits as soon as it drops like a rock. Sorry about your crash no matter what caused it, but at least it looks like you'll have it in the air again. Good luck sir.

Best wishes,
J.

Thanks so much for your careful examination. I can hear it hits the ground very hard. if it hits a person, or a running car, the result could be catastrophic. That's why I need to know that happened. If it can lose power at any time, I won't be able to fly it almost anywhere. This incident will have a serious impact on me.

Finally it happens again - fall out of sky during a GS session for no reason and it is totally gone this time.

When I was watching the flight and it was about 500 meters far, all of sudden it lost connection. When I get to where the find my phantom told me, about 20 minutes later, there was nothing, very clean on road side and on road. after about an hour searching around that area, I finally found 2 pieces from my phantom 2 vision camera that proves it crashed. But where are the rest still remain a mystery. I suspect it must be someone who has taken it !

Attachments

• photo-5.PNG
    photo-5.PNG
    143 KB · Views: 398
  • relicsOfVisionCam.jpg
    relicsOfVisionCam.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 348

Today, my phone number on the phantom 2 vision takes effect: A guy called me telling me that He has my phantom 2 vision. I took it back, it is in pretty bad shape:

Attachments

• CrashedVision.jpg
    CrashedVision.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 352

yali said:
Today, by phone number on the phantom 2 vision takes effect: A guy called me telling me that He has my phantom 2 vision. I took it back, it is in pretty bad shape:

I'd be in contact w/DJI and request warranty. You have video to back it up. Contact DJI China & support and report it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94