My turn for crash and burn

Does this chart indicate that the craft was in ATTI mode?
No. The aircraft never switched to ATTI. P-GPS until the end of data.

Reactions: JeffreyS
These signals are approx 3 seconds prior to disconnect and are not battery related. Once the descent began the battery disconnected. Notice the motor speeds, Left Front attempting to compensate for the left rear. It could be the motor itself or the ESC or a cracked prop hub. But something definately caused the accentuated motor speeds and tilt angles and it wasn't the battery.

View attachment 116341
Dam bruh you big brain.

Reactions: MTO
Fortunately, no burning actually took place, but my P4P simply decided to die and fall. I was 100' above a courtyard, so it might have bounced off a roof or landed directly on the sidewalk where I retrieved it. The thing is totaled, camera broke off, props all broken, one arm just destroyed and the battery was ejected and nearly broke open. I am not an expert at diagnosing flight logs, but I was able to see some data and a map overlay using PhantomHelp.com. Attached are the logs , if anyone here is kind enough to tell me want happened at the end of the flight. The PhantomHelp timeline log shows nothing out of the ordinary. The aircraft just instantly lost connections as I saw the final few seconds on my screen of it tumbling before the disconnect massage appeared.
Yesterday's sunrise was a beauty, and when I saw it, I was sure you would be out there to capture it. I have certainly enjoyed and envied your images of the wharf and courthouse, so I'm really sorry that your AC failed and was damaged so badly. Let us know when you are up in the air again, I'd like to meet up with you sometime on West Beach. I look forward to more of your work soon.

Reactions: RBuzz
Yesterday's sunrise was a beauty, and when I saw it, I was sure you would be out there to capture it. I have certainly enjoyed and envied your images of the wharf and courthouse, so I'm really sorry that your AC failed and was damaged so badly. Let us know when you are up in the air again, I'd like to meet up with you sometime on West Beach. I look forward to more of your work soon.

Thanks so much, Mr pumpkin. Here are the last images I made just minutes before the disaster..(always glad to retrieve a healthy memory card from a wreck). My Phantom went down beyond the mission church behind the facade of the right. I had to sneak into the property to retrieve it before anyone was awake.

If you're in SB, message me and we'll coordinate a time soon to catch another raging sunrise, perhaps at the beach area. I have a second drone!

missionblueclouds1.jpg

sunrisefrommission1.jpg

missionblueclouds2.jpg

Reactions: dronesky and D D S
Thanks so much, Mr pumpkin. Here are the last images I made just minutes before the disaster..(always glad to retrieve a healthy memory card from a wreck). My Phantom went down beyond the mission church behind the facade of the right. I had to sneak into the property to retrieve it before anyone was awake.

If you're in SB, message me and we'll coordinate a time soon to catch another raging sunrise, perhaps at the beach area. I have a second drone!

View attachment 116344

View attachment 116345

View attachment 116346
Really love your Santa Barbara pics they are awesome & not just these ones all of them I've seen so far keep up the good work

View attachment 116344

View attachment 116345

View attachment 116346
Omg they are breathtaking! Do you live there! WOW

View attachment 116344

View attachment 116345

View attachment 116346
Do you have insta?

View attachment 116344

View attachment 116345

View attachment 116346
I'm eyeballing that spire in the background of the first picture.

I'm fascinated by the amount of information saved during A DJI flight and your ability to analyze it. What fomat is the .dat file in? I can't seem to open it.

Reactions: Liamdrones
Fortunately, no burning actually took place, but my P4P simply decided to die and fall. I was 100' above a courtyard, so it might have bounced off a roof or landed directly on the sidewalk where I retrieved it. The thing is totaled, camera broke off, props all broken, one arm just destroyed and the battery was ejected and nearly broke open. I am not an expert at diagnosing flight logs, but I was able to see some data and a map overlay using PhantomHelp.com. Attached are the logs , if anyone here is kind enough to tell me want happened at the end of the flight. The PhantomHelp timeline log shows nothing out of the ordinary. The aircraft just instantly lost connections as I saw the final few seconds on my screen of it tumbling before the disconnect massage appeared.
So if it bounced off a roof that's where the battery got knocked lose and or prop.
But it's strange that a prop and battery could land in the same area if the problem
started at 100 feet! But I'm not a data reader, good luck maybe Santa will drive by!
Merry Christmas any how!

I'm fascinated by the amount of information saved during A DJI flight and your ability to analyze it. What fomat is the .dat file in? I can't seem to open it.
If you want to view the .DAT you could use CsvView or DatCon. They can be obtained here
CsvView Downloads
and here
DatCon Downloads

If you really want to know the format that's a little harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: JhonJungblut
Thanks, Bud, but I do not use windows.
DatCon works under Mac OS. CsvView also works but only on .DAT logs. The .txt converter that CsvView uses is Windows only. But, you can use the online PhantomHelp.com converter, download the verbose .csv it produces, and then submit it to CsvView.

OK, I've been using the PhantomHelp.com viewer. I like it., Sure wish there was a stand-alone version that didn't require internet for when I'm flying out of cell range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl