My Scariest "Flight" ever!

Reaction score
So, been flying for years and I've flown with batteries dying, had Auto-Land put my bird down in the middle of a busy street, I've almost run into trees and buildings and I've run into the aforementioned as well. I've had a duck chase my P4 and once I lost signal as the my drone went under a metal bridge, so it went into hover and then began to go up before beginning automatic RTH and nearly hit the underside of the bridge.

But - the other day - had the scariest thing happen and thought I'd share.

Had to run out to get some shots of a strip mall the owner was going to sell, so, pulled into the parking lot spot next to his, and there was a handicapped spot separating me from a little "island." Not many other cars around, little traffic, and so I unpacked the drone and put her down in the middle of the open handicapped spot, turned the battery on. Turned and walked to the back of my SUV to unpack the controller, attach the iPad and turn on the---

--- I sense movement in my peripheral vision and turn around. And there is a SUV driving right over top of the drone. A steady 5 mph and the lady just drives right over it, doesn't slow down, drives right ahead and keeps on going.

And, there... LEDs flashing, cooling fan whirring... is my P4P v2 - completely untouched.

Attached photo shows the vehicle and it's path, an X marks where the drone was. I was stranding, with my back turned, at about where I am in this photo.

p.s., I found out the dimensions of the SUV that drove over and compared it to the height of my drone -- according to the manufacturer it's 1" too low.

Attachments

• DJI_0183x.jpg
    DJI_0183x.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 426
Yip buy lottery ticket and 2 bright orange road cones,thought the worst reading that

Reactions: MTO
Yip buy lottery ticket and 2 bright orange road cones,thought the worst reading that

If she didn’t see the bright white drone on new blacktop, she probably wouldn’t notice cones lol

I mean, look at her path - why on earth would she even go that way? I’m beginning to think it was an intentional “accident” ?? !!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31