My pick for transporting p4p...

John

All great point but when I travel with my full Lowepro backpack on regional jets, I have been able to avoid checking the bags by bringing them out to the gate and checking at the point of boarding. This avoids baggage handlers and keeping better track of my gear. I will do the same with my P4.

Yes, good point. Checking at the gate is usually kinder handling, since you would typically pick up your backpack at the destination gate, avoiding conveyer belts.

The Boeing 717 regional jet has adequate overhead for standard 14x22x9" carry on bags. The Bombardier RJs are the problem, along with any prop commuter, like Horizon Air uses in the northwest.

Just before Christmas I got A 3 battery p4p package with a backpack. From Amazon. The Backpack name is scootree.
The factory styrofoam locking case for the 3 battery package fits perfectly in the backpack, there is even a little cut out with a velcro flap in the backpack for the Locking device for the styrofoam case. Don't know if they sell them separately but they should. I'll see if I can post a picture.
My styrofoam case from the factory will hold 3 batteries. The picture in this link shows the batteries in the upper compartment I now use the upper compartment for battery chargers and other wires
https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Quadcopter-Styrofoam-Batteries-Propellers/dp/B01J7UN1G8
+1 on the Smatree backpack from Amazon.

There is room for my LZ and my sunshade slid in between the outside top of the foam box and the pack cover. I love the zipper liner along the top of the pack. The only thing I can't place is my IPAD Air2. A mini would fit in the outside pocket but not may Air2.

All in all, I am very pleased at $54.99. We'll have to see if it holds up.

v/r rch

+1 on the Smatree backpack from Amazon.

There is room for my LZ and my sunshade slid in between the outside top of the foam box and the pack cover. I love the zipper liner along the top of the pack. The only thing I can't place is my IPAD Air2. A mini would fit in the outside pocket but not may Air2.

All in all, I am very pleased at $54.99. We'll have to see if it holds up.

v/r rch
I relooked my packing this morning and made some changes.

I will now use the access to the safety latch Velcro tab to loop through the LZ carry handle. The LZ is now outside the pack.

My Ipad air2 now fits into the outside pocket on the pack.

Since my batteries are carried in the foam pack, I stole DOC 1500's idea and packed my charging stuff in the upper compartment.

It all fits plus I have the two stretch mesh pockets still empty.

This would NOT be a safe "check bag", but for me as a day traveler, it is pretty great.

v/r rch

Me too. I didnt like the spaceman type hardshell backpack. I chose a military style multi purpose backpack built for the outdoors that is price less than $100. My primary consideration for the bag was to fit the foam case and be able to carry hydration pack with a tube accessible from the outside of bag.
Interested to see a picture of your setup if you have one or a link to the backpack. I'm looking for something rugged to carry a Phantom 4 Pro and accesories on long hikes in the hills so water bottle pouch and extra space for kit needed...and would need to fit in an aircraft overhead bin. Thanks.

I'm looking for something rugged to carry a Phantom 4 Pro and accessories on long hikes in the hills so water bottle pouch and extra space for kit needed...and would need to fit in an aircraft overhead bin. Thanks.
If you're going to do long hikes, good shoulder straps and a waist belt is essential, not to mention a rugged designed backpack. I recommend the ThinkTank Helipak for $200. It's the best IMO. It holds a lot of stuff very efficiently, more that you'll want to carry, weight-wise. I've had my V1 version for 2yrs and it still seems as good as new. I like the new V2 version (I'm buying one soon) as it's 1lb lighter (removed the 2nd handle and use lighter but more durable materials) and the battery compartments have moved to the bottom of the pack, where heavy things belong. It's FAA compliant, within the 22X14X9" size limit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl