My P4P flew away yesterday, need log from aircraft

Still no luck on mac here, installed the java dev plugin as well, then opened terminal as instructed, and i only gett message "Error: Unable to access jarfile DatCon.2.4."
I've not done this since I don't have a Mac. But, these guys have. @happydays and @GregWV Maybe they can give you a hint.

@gr8pics the process for mac is a bit complicated.

You have to fire up the aircraft, then go into MC settings - advanced settings and enter flight data mode.

Connect the p3 to your mac using the small USB on the front of the aircraft, not the one on the gimbal.

Next go to finder, applications, utilities, disc utility.

Then look on the lhs for the dji disc. Select the LOWER file and then File - new image - image from dji fly log then select where you want to store it. I use desktop.

You'll need a fairly full battery as the process can take a while. It will create a file on your desktop containing all of the .DAT files currently stored on the aircraft.

Once you have this complete, you should download the latest version of datcon from @BudWalker's site.

When it has downloaded, RIGHT click on the file called datcon 2.4.x. Jar and click open. If you just click on it it will not open because the programme is not from Apple.

After that, select the file you want to convert, and select all the options you want to convert, csv, log files and Kml files for google earth and click on convert.

Bob's your uncle!

Let us know how you got on!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm waiting the results... a fly away it's almost impossible. The unknown input from user or ATTI mode with wind are the most "false fly aways" that I saw with previous Phantom.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Still no luck on mac here, installed the java dev plugin as well, then opened terminal as instructed, and i only gett message "Error: Unable to access jarfile DatCon.2.4."

You might try healthydrones.com. Very simple to set up and use. Just get the free account. It does not have the charting capability that datcon has, but may not be necessary in this case.

You might try healthydrones.com. Very simple to set up and use. Just get the free account. It does not have the charting capability that datcon has, but may not be necessary in this case.
Unfortunately Healthydrones only shows a brief summary and isn't much use for investigating like Phantomhelp and others are.

Reactions: F3honda4me
You can't just say that your Phantom "flew away" without giving details.
Having read another account of our OP's flight on another forum, I doubt he will be coming back with any more information.
It seems that his Phantom didn't fly away at all as he said and the cause of his loss was user error flying his machine very high in strong winds and not noticing it being blown away.

Reactions: hotashes
Having read another account of our OP's flight on another forum, I doubt he will be coming back with any more information.
It seems that his Phantom didn't fly away at all as he said and the cause of his loss was user error flying his machine very high in strong winds and not noticing it being blown away.
Must be something in the water in Norway ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164