My P3 Case

Reaction score
Sometimes you are disappointed by what you ordered.
Sometimes you get pretty much what you ordered.
In my case, I got way more than I expected.
I just received my Microraptor case and it is exceptional.

It is not a backpack but a wheeled case with handle.

Specifically designed for the P3...not some earlier design poorly modified.
Stores the P3 with props attached
Stores an iPad air and sunshield

Airtight as wall as watertight.
Comes with reusable hydroabsorbent silica gel
Comes with pegs that ensure the props can't rotate when being transported

Etc, etc, etc.

Cost for this was about $180 on preorder. I received mine today. Don't know how to upload a pic but google "microraptor phantom 3" and on their website you'll find it.

I'm not associated with them, but this case is fantastic.

-t

Attachments

• 20150514_134624.jpg
    20150514_134624.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 604
Nice case. These Microraptor Pro cases are available on Amazon.

They are sending me some of these cases to give away. Can't wait to review them!

Last edited:
At 10" h you probably can't use as a carry on.. I would hate to check my birds besides that looks like a nice case

Yep -- it's better to go with a backpack for a carry-on. There are some nice compact backpacks out.

41gL0w1DR-L.jpg

41ZCb2teZjL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...qid=1431660063&sr=1-9&keywords=goprofessional

Go Professional Cases Black Fieldline Phantom 2 Vision/vision+ Backpack

I use to own a hardcase and other types until I found this beauty. This by far is the best carrying case / backpack even though the from is made for P2- I just did a little cutting and it was ready to be a P3 version, it got more room to hold everything you would ever need. In fact I was still finding pockets and compartments months after I owned mine. I love this case!

Reactions: Fplvert
I'm about to do surgery on mine. Only thing holding me back is the lack of P3 batteries and the hopes GPC comes out with an interchangable foam liner.

Pull that precision cut padding out and you have a survival pack.

The backpack also
image.jpg
carries everything to fly FPV & more in airline carry on. Can't do that with hard cases.

Etc, etc, etc.

Cost for this was about $180 on preorder. I received mine today. Don't know how to upload a pic but google "microraptor phantom 3" and on their website you'll find it.

-t

OP, considering this case or perhaps the GoPro hard case with wheels. Was there anything that swayed you towards the Microraptor? It does appear that maybe it is a little lighter?

Awesome. Mine should be here tomorrow. Last time on plane was 20 yrs ago. LOL This will be great for the senior citizen flier like me :eek:

The GoPro says it will fit in a 737-700 at 22.92 x 17.98 x 11.55. Most airlines seem to make their own guidelines a little smaller. Southwest is 24 x 16 x 10. MicroRaptor shows 23.96 x 16 x 10.1, I was looking at the GoPro but might have to go with this one..

Nice thanks for posting Im waiting on my case today I bought the same one as the original poster of this thread.

The GoPro says it will fit in a 737-700 at 22.92 x 17.98 x 11.55. Most airlines seem to make their own guidelines a little smaller. Southwest is 24 x 16 x 10. MicroRaptor shows 23.96 x 16 x 10.1, I was looking at the GoPro but might have to go with this one..
Pelican 1510 is your best bet for a carry on hard case.

OP, considering this case or perhaps the GoPro hard case with wheels. Was there anything that swayed you towards the Microraptor? It does appear that maybe it is a little lighter?

I liked that gun metal grey, it's waterproof and airtight, Holds the P3 with props installed (and no, it doesn't bend the props when the lid is closed), and has a good reputation for quality. I wasn't disappointed. It's a quality case.

I liked that gun metal grey, it's waterproof and airtight, Holds the P3 with props installed (and no, it doesn't bend the props when the lid is closed), and has a good reputation for quality. I wasn't disappointed. It's a quality case.

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered a black one.

Etc, etc, etc.

-t

Just found out...
I live 20mins away from the walk-in store, and came to the conclusion this is what will work best for my needs vs the backpack.
I don't hike that far away from my Jeep/Car so the backpack does not really fit my need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic