My neighbors house with over 150,000 lights!

Reaction score
Thought you might like this video of my neighbors house - shot (mostly) on my trusty P3A.

Recommend HD if you have the bandwidth.

Can't wait to get the P4Pro. I might just do the whole thing again

Happy Holidays!

(14 CFR § 107.29 Daylight operation Waiver Number: 107W-2016-00713)

Thought you might like this video of my neighbors house - shot (mostly) on my trusty P3A.

Recommend HD if you have the bandwidth.

Can't wait to get the P4Pro. I might just do the whole thing again

Happy Holidays!

(14 CFR § 107.29 Daylight operation Waiver Number: 107W-2016-00713)

Ayeeee nice flight work!!! Great handling, killing it!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Go say HI :)

Reactions: houldsworth1
Great video!

I got my 107 ticket last week, and I've just started looking into getting a waiver for night flying.

How was the process to get your waiver?

Any tips or other details would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great video!

I got my 107 ticket last week, and I've just started looking into getting a waiver for night flying.

How was the process to get your waiver?

Any tips or other details would be greatly appreciated!

Really wasn't hard - just go to their website and follow the instructions. Just make sure to look at the performance requirements and make sure that you have put something into the text that answers all of the items and pay particular attention to providing details of how you have been trained to overcome issues with illusions that can be caused when watching lights at night.

Thanks for the info!

Did you put in specifics about maximum altitude, a certain area (or just class G), using a visual observer, duration, etc.?

Thanks for the info!

Did you put in specifics about maximum altitude, a certain area (or just class G), using a visual observer, duration, etc.?

I put in information about height and also provided details that I would be pre-programming the flights and running them during the daytime first to confirm clearance. You will almost certainly be asked to have a VO when flying, so you might as well go ahead and put in there that you will have one. I did mention that it was class G airspace too.

Reactions: jc523
Nice - but I'd shoot that at dusk rather than after dark. For shots of lights like this or of fireworks it's the stuff you can see other than the lights that really makes the shot.

Reactions: houldsworth1
Nice - but I'd shoot that at dusk rather than after dark. For shots of lights like this or of fireworks it's the stuff you can see other than the lights that really makes the shot.
Thanks for the feedback. It's an interesting idea. I've just been hired to do some landscaping work and one of the properties has a ton of lights and so they want to do that at night. I was asking around today and someone made the same comment about shooting that scene and I thought it made a lot of sense. I hadn't really thought of that until today and then...two people at once :)

Nice. Thanks for posting your waiver info. Always good to see evidence of other pilots following the rules.:)
They are available on the FAA website anyway - not like I have to worry about giving away anything that isn't already public :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues